Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

This kind of $h1t PISSES ME OFF!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Default This kind of $h1t PISSES ME OFF!!!!

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]I've never seen a more clear cut case of false advertising!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gas-F...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: This kind of $h1t PISSES ME OFF!!!!

It seems to be the opposite of a performance chip .... 1 point though, our engines run a bit rich so they run cooler. true stochiometric levels will fry your exhaust manifold, kill your cat and offgas a ton of NOx.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

70 hp and 20mpg, thats a joke, if anyone buys that they are an idiot.

i love how they list faster acceleration and 0-60, i would hope a 70hp increase would make it accelerate faster

Old 04-10-2008, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Aquariumjunkie

I've never seen a more clear cut case of false advertising!

Ebay's a good place for that.

ORIGINAL: falkore24
1 point though, our engines run a bit rich so they run cooler. true stochiometric levels will fry your exhaust manifold, kill your cat and offgas a ton of NOx.
Were did you hear that??? Doesn't sound right to me.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Advanced IC engine design class. Due to the coolant in the block, the cylinder walls will always be cooler than the center of the combustion chamber causing fuel to condense on the cylinder walls. If the setpoint is a true stochiometric mixture, the effective burning mixture will be lean and will cause all of the issues that a lean mixture causes.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Advanced IC engine design class. Due to the coolant in the block, the cylinder walls will always be cooler than the center of the combustion chamber causing fuel to condense on the cylinder walls. If the setpoint is a true stochiometric mixture, the effective burning mixture will be lean and will cause all of the issues that a lean mixture causes.
The only time fuel condeses on the cylinder walls is when the engine is cold. It doesn't happen when they are warm.

Honda ecus rapidly cycle the the a/f ratio from slightly rich to slightly lean to control emmisions. They dont run rich during normal idle and cruise conditions.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:15 PM

anyone who really thinks you are gonna get 70+ horses and 20+ mpg for only what was it like 6.99 , has problems or knows nothing about cars

Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 PM

Someone should send a message to that seller on eBay and ask them if they ride on their pet unicorn to work in fairy land

Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2BSI%26otn%3D4
This looks more promising anyways!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

The only time fuel condeses on the cylinder walls is when the engine is cold. It doesn't happen when they are warm.

Honda ecus rapidly cycle the the a/f ratio from slightly rich to slightly lean to control emmisions. They dont run rich during normal idle and cruise conditions.
When I get back to NJ I'll look it up for you. It's a similar process to the condensing in a condensing boiler. It's not a huge amount that makes the cylinder wet, but it's enough to affect the AF mixture that sees the flame front.

Quick Reply: This kind of $h1t PISSES ME OFF!!!!