Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Looking for a swap to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Default Looking for a swap to do

well its been my DD for the last year

but now my engine is like from wut iv been told 6 months from kickin the bucket, assuming i dont push it, but i always do, so i have to start thinking on either selling the car b4 it happens and buy a new car, save up and do a swap, or buy another used car

since my saving went bye bye do to a family member needing medical help, my only option now is save up, start buying engine parts, and do a swap once the engine is dead,

im thinking H22 engine tranny swap

, iv thought about doing an F22b2 manual swap, but it be the same thing except manual, no power increase, to borring, iv considered the H22 head on the f22 block,from wut iv read in other forums its less than 300 to do this, making it the cheapest but it has to go boost for it to do any real good, an F22 block H22 tranny from wut i hear is good, because the gears arent so long, but itll lower my MPG, so now im seriously considering the H22 full swap, and possible boost

in the past month since i was told the condition of my car, iv joined many accord forums, now including this one, tryin to gather any info,and maybe parts, for my car

the only thing that the car has is an intake pipe it came with ( im second owner) and thats it, so yeah im just in a pickle and im tryin to figure it out

wut ima do... simply put i need estimates and wut i need, parts, how much, etc, im just totally lost still about it. ima make a thread about this in this forum, please if u can help me id appreciate it

BTW: on all the forums i use the same username

Old 09-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Default RE: Looking for a swap to do

Well to start with year/model helps *L* I didn't see it listed.... next I'm going to assume it's around a 94-97 based on the engine (BIG assumption....)

So options wise, the H22 swap is a frequently done one which means plenty of power, lots of first hand knowledge out there and parts availablity but I'd assume you're going to be anywhere between 2-3k by the time you're done.... Although, this isn't a bad option....

My questions is though, what's wrong with your current engine? Have you considered just rebuilding it? bore/sleeve it? If it's an internal problem I'll bet that for about the same price as the h22 swap you could do a full rebuild with bored over cylinders and a turbo.... Have you considered that?

Old 09-27-2006, 10:13 PM

ohh mah bad yea 97 accord lx

i have considered that aswell but... this engine has 188,xxx miles on it, which means ill probably hit 200000 in a matter of like maybe 3 months lol... previous owner didnt take care of it , so many problems found wen i finally took a good look at it i was petrified, such as totally discombobulated front engine mount, leak between tranny and engine stopped with supper glue and tape ???, flooded spark plugs, busted cooling fan, warpped rotors, but i fixed them, radiator with bike tire seal on it, hoses, cv boots, and the list goes on, not to mention this guy must have been a ricer, he installed stupid strobe lights on the stock corner lights, and put some kind of blue covers over the stock lights inside the car, it was so ridiculous, i just dont want to deal with having to rebuild it, and because of just wear and tear it dies on me again after sinking so much money into it, basically im looking for something with a lot less miles on, something more fun, if i do the upgrade i understand i have 60+ punds more on the nose, meaning upgrade suspension, but thats fine ill do it, itll b dope

anothing im wondering is, wut would b btter H22 or is it the H23 im still unsdure about it/which

Old 09-28-2006, 02:11 AM

I wouldn't bother with the b, go h22a. Accords are kind of fatty by nature and the b would a little harder time pulling it around. If you gonna swap. go big.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:33 AM

h22 from what i have read. The article you are quoting for less than 300 for an H head on an F block is one where the guy HAD an H series engine to steal parts from... It would cost YOU much much more if you have to buy things like, the H head...

I am thinking about the H22 as well right now. Although i wont even be doing anything like it till spring.

Good luck
Jeff

Old 09-28-2006, 03:24 PM

well i havent stated anything yet
i already got a quote for both engine and tranny + shipment = 2297

another question is....smog

from wut my bro tells me, since its a bigger block, itll smog higher, than my f22, meaning it wont pass, or is there something done to make it pass smog, damn L.A. laws and there smog checks

Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 PM

Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny
- ECU (P13)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shifter Cables
- Shifter Assembly
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

besides this wut else would i need to drop it in my 97 accord lx

JW: do i needa stick to a 97-98 H22
or could i go witha 92-95 H22
i ask cuz im not so sure and wut would b the dbate over this

Old 09-29-2006, 03:31 PM

Shouldn't make a difference from what I know.... but I'm not to smart on swaps...

H22A

The H22A debuted in 1993 for use in the Honda Prelude VTEC as the H22A1. Versions of the H22A would be the Prelude's signature high-performance engine worldwide until the end of Prelude production in 2001. It was also used in the 1994–1997 Honda Accord SiR and 1998–2002 Honda Accord Euro-R in Japan (however different cams and lightweight crank were used in the Euro R H22A).

Specifications

* Bore × Stroke: 87.0 × 90.70 mm
* Displacement: 2157 cc (132 cu. in.)
* Valve Configuration: DOHC, 16 valves, VTEC
* Type: In-line 4 cylinder, aluminum block and head
* Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (North America); 10.6–11.0:1 (Japan)
* Max power: 190–220 hp (142–164 kW)
* Max torque: 156–163 ft·lbf (207–217 Nm)
* Redline: 7500 rpm
* Engine Control System: Honda Systems PGM-FI with port fuel injection
* Valve Gear: Belt-driven dual overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder, variable timing and lift

H22A4

* The H22A4 is the designation for the engine in the 97-01 Honda Prelude Type-SH.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:50 PM

soooo. are u sayin i should b looking for H22a4 ?

or would any that i mention fit aswell ?!

Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM

they should all fit about the same.... I'd probably look for the slightly older one since it would appear you get roughly the same output.... however, Have you tried posting on www.hondaswap.com you may be able to get some good info from there as well...

Quick Reply: Looking for a swap to do