Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:42 AM
Default Maintenance

I calculated my MPG to kinda see how my car was doing. there mustve been something wrong im pretty sure i did it right fill it up reset the trip meter and measure how much i put in hnext time and divide the miles by the gals. well anyways i was stunned to see i got 20 MPG i know im not the worst lead foot around so it shouldnt be THAT bad.

I looked at my air filter the other day and it was FILTHY and i think my oil is overdue too.
so i headed to autozone to get some stuff.

there was a promo for syntecblend oil one time so my dad told me to get it cause my car will run smoother and it might be better for my car since its fairly new.

well jsut to keep it the same i bought some more syntecblend 5w20. i just wanted to know some of you guys opinions about it. some people use different weight oil why? the oil thing says 5w20.

oh and i bought myself a stp air filter cause it was the cheapest. the fram filter looked like a better brand but it looked poorly put together. honestly anything would be better than the i think factory filter thats been sittin in there since 2004 with 25000 miles on it. to give you an example of how bad it was i used the blow attachment on an air compressor to try to blow dirt out of it and the hand holding the filter got oil on it like air filter oil except i dont think its one of those and the hand holding the blower would get blown back. the air barely went through. totally not my fault im not the original owner if i woulda known it was that bad i would have changed it a LONG time ago.
Name:  03-28-07_1829.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  39.9 KB

anyways as i was walking through and lookin in the ad i saw that there was a 2 for 1 for stoner's more shine and i think i remember someone saying you can clean your engine bay real nice with it so i got two bottles. after i installed the new filter i decided to try it out. it works great on tires too since thats what its for. no foam lets you use it on the engine. i also hit up the bumper grill and the plastic under the windshield where the wipers are because i sprayed wetpaint on them and maybe its just me but wetpaint and that plastic just doesnt mix.
Name:  03-28-07_1849.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  50.9 KB
Name:  03-28-07_1850.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  50.5 KB
sorry for the bad pics but i think yall get the picture oo shiny and clean.....

oh and i think this might help my fuel consumption too i was told to try some lucas fuel injection cleaner. when i cahnge my oil i havent change the oil yet but ill do that either friday or saturday. has anybody used this? my might jsut be in my head but i think it works ok
Name:  03-28-07_1830.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  38.1 KB

so after the new air filter and the lucas injector cleaner(shouldnt notice the lucas until the gas has burnt) the car runs ALOT better and it doesnt feel suffocated like it did. it feels like it can breathe now and kinda sounds like it too.

well sorry guys for such a long post but i like to talk and you guys are my friends

Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Default RE: Maintenance

Clean engine bay! You're right, that stuff must work. I also use that fuel injector cleaner in my car. At one time my car would start surging at about 2500 RPMs, so I tried the stuff. It cleared my problem right up. I use it once every 5-6 times I fill up.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Mmmmm...Apple jacks...

Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 PM

The Stoner's was my suggestion, I love the stuff.
If you still have the same cabin air filter it will be as nasty and clogged as the engine air filter was. If you can find Micro-Air brand that's who makes OEM's, about $15-18. I bought WIX at a parts store but it doesn't seem to fit as well as the Micro-Air did.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:39 PM

it's amazing what a quick/cheap tune-up can do for a vehicle.... I just wish plug wires for honda's weren't so expensive.... I think I'm just going to make my own in the future....

Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM

i need to check if the MORE SHINE collects dust/dirt its a lil oily so im a little concerned about that but it looks great

Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I think I'm just going to make my own in the future....
Make your own plug wires? Are you being serious, or is that a joke?