Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

More Power

Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Default More Power

1997 Accord 4dr Automatic LX 2.2 non v-tec... I have 209000km, how can i squeeze out some more power?

It's just a little dull for my teenage self

Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Default RE: More Power

Forgot to mention... small budget... teeheehee

Old 01-21-2007, 10:10 PM

Also, i don't know terribly much about how to do things... i understand the car but couldn't spot certain parts without a diagram in front of me...

Where do you get these upgrades and what would be the most effective and cheapest one to do?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 PM

I didn't want to ask, but how do you install this? And where?

And also, will it harm the engine?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Sorry even more questions... I'm new to this... will the short ram intake make it sound obnoxious or louder or deeper... I really don't want to be one of those guys with loud Honda... plus i wouldn't want my father to notice...

Also, does fuel consumption increase?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: sssexy70

Sorry even more questions... I'm new to this... will the short ram intake make it sound obnoxious or louder or deeper... I really don't want to be one of those guys with loud Honda... plus i wouldn't want my father to notice...

Also, does fuel consumption increase?

Yeah it will make a great sound, i wouldnt really call it obnoxius, to me its more like beethoven. A great sounding engine they say is a great sign of engine enginerring. Anyway if you want more power without the sound then comptuer chip is something thats good. PLus your dad wouldnt notice.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:15 PM

I am also wondering if NGK wires will help? Will any of these things harm my engine? And are NGK wires off of ebay good? Furthermore, will NGK wires work if I keep my spark plugs which I just changed? Also, Honda says either NGK or Bosch wires... is there any difference?

I am really new to this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More Power

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.