Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Default More Power

1997 Accord 4dr Automatic LX 2.2 non v-tec... I have 209000km, how can i squeeze out some more power?

It's just a little dull for my teenage self

Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: More Power

The basics: Cold air intake or short ram intake, header, cat back exhaust. Once you get those done, underdrive or lightened pulleys, camshaft, cam gear. Then you get into fuel flow stuff like fuel rail and injectors, throttle body, and then into a turbo.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Forgot to mention... small budget... teeheehee

Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeah, arent we all on a small budget? LoL. You dont have to get everything at once, you can piece your way through it. Thats what most everyone has to do.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:10 PM

Also, i don't know terribly much about how to do things... i understand the car but couldn't spot certain parts without a diagram in front of me...

Where do you get these upgrades and what would be the most effective and cheapest one to do?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:13 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

The easiest and cheapest would be to get a short ram intake. You can get them on eBay or at any number of performance websites. I got mine for less than $50, and it took about ten minutes to install. Easy.

As you get stuff for your car, you will learn more about it. Pick up a Helms manual, its very comprehensive, will help you out a ton.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 PM

I didn't want to ask, but how do you install this? And where?

And also, will it harm the engine?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Sorry even more questions... I'm new to this... will the short ram intake make it sound obnoxious or louder or deeper... I really don't want to be one of those guys with loud Honda... plus i wouldn't want my father to notice...

Also, does fuel consumption increase?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: sssexy70

Sorry even more questions... I'm new to this... will the short ram intake make it sound obnoxious or louder or deeper... I really don't want to be one of those guys with loud Honda... plus i wouldn't want my father to notice...

Also, does fuel consumption increase?

Yeah it will make a great sound, i wouldnt really call it obnoxius, to me its more like beethoven. A great sounding engine they say is a great sign of engine enginerring. Anyway if you want more power without the sound then comptuer chip is something thats good. PLus your dad wouldnt notice.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:15 PM

I am also wondering if NGK wires will help? Will any of these things harm my engine? And are NGK wires off of ebay good? Furthermore, will NGK wires work if I keep my spark plugs which I just changed? Also, Honda says either NGK or Bosch wires... is there any difference?

I am really new to this

Quick Reply: More Power