Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

My Accord Project :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default My Accord Project :)

Heyy guys havent been on here in awhile buh i have a 94 accord lx coupe 5 speed and the current mods are 4-2-1 headers wit 2.25" piping wit 4" outlet exhaust and 17" enkei universal wheels on 17/50/215 michlen tires. nothin too big buh this is my project i plan on starting real soon already started ordering parts if im missing anything in the build please post and let me know i need all the info i can get for this and help on this build. Thanxz.....

Exterior:
$45.00 - Mugen front lip ABS/Absdynamics.com
$85.00 - Mugen rear lip ABS/gsmotortrends.com
$80.00 - Mugen side skirts ABS/gsmotortrends.com
$34.99 - JDM Style Amber Corner lamp/slickcar.com
$69.23 - Amber Corner taillights/discountbodyparts.com
$389.00 - Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood OEM style/dashzracing.com

Interior:
$11.20 - Shift Boot Blue Stitch/andysautosports.com
$43.95 - Blox Racing Shift ****/2kracing.com
$39.95 - Sparco MT Pedal Set (Blue)/tunersdepot.com
$99.00 - Pioneer MOSFET DEH-7300BT Head Unit/newgenoutlet.com
$35.99 - A Series 6 1/2 3-way speakers/newgenoutlet.com
$34.99 - A Series 6" x 9" 3-way speakers/newgenoutlet.com
$300.00 - Orion XTRPRO124 subwoofer/sonixelectronix.com
$156.95 - Hifonics Hfi1000.1d Amp Kit/amazon.com
$119.95 - Honda Carpet (Black)/stockinteriors.com
$159.99 - Custom Gauge Package/glowshift.com
$306.82 - Nrg Racing Seats/sportcompactonly.com

Tires/Wheels:
$459.84 - 16" KONIG Lightning (Blue w/ Chrome Lip)/tirebuyer.com
$328.00 - 16/45/225 Nexen N3000/tire-easy.com

Suspension/Chassis:
$769.50 - Tein Basic Coilovers/upscaleautomotive.com
$137.95 - Camber alignment kit/tunersdepot.com

Brakes:
$87.25 - EBC Red Stuff 3000 Series Brake Pads/placeforbrakes.com
$129.11 - EBC Ultimax Rotor Slotted Rotors/placeforbrakes.com

Drivetrain:
$300.91 - ACT Clutch Kit Sport Pressure Plate HA3-SPG6/performance.importrp.com
$230.49 - ACT Flywheel Streetlite/performance.importrp.com

Engine:
$352.14 - Engine Rebuild Kit (Major Kit)/rpmmachine.com
$1799.95 - Turbo Kit/treadstoneperformance.com
$79.00 - Walbro 255 Fuel Pump/Oakus.com
$495.00 - Hondata S300/hamotorsports.com
$165.86 - Optima Batteries 8040-218 D35/amazon.com
$103.49 - Skunk2 Tuner series Cam gear (blue)/autocarparts.com
$139.99 - AEM Pulley Kit W/O A/C/Ebaymotors.com
$389.00 - Magnaflow Performance Exhaust/Amazon.com
$7.98 - NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs/ecstuning.com
$40.99 - NGK Spark Plug Wires 9578/summitracing.com
$239.95 - Venom Super Flow Fuel Injectors/autoanything.com
$111.00 - AEM Fuel Rail Line/racinglab.com

Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Supper Moderator

looks like your are dropping some good money into everything. Good luck with it all and keep us updated with pics!
You can save $111.00 on the AEM fuel rail...you won't need it. Your OEM rail is plenty for a turbo set up.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Supper Moderator

what size injectors are you using?
Also for your coilovers look into Function & Form type 1's they are little bit cheaper in price but a awesome set of full coilovers.
What sized turbo are you gonna use?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
looks like your are dropping some good money into everything. Good luck with it all and keep us updated with pics!
You can save $111.00 on the AEM fuel rail...you won't need it. Your OEM rail is plenty for a turbo set up.

But the AEM letters looks good on top of the fuel rail though.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by piggylover1985
But the AEM letters looks good on top of the fuel rail though.
whooopdy do! lol
just remember function OVER form

$111.00 for looks? ehhh money can be spent better else ware. But that's just me...his car his choice

Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Newest Of Newbies

what size injectors are you using?
Also for your coilovers look into Function & Form type 1's they are little bit cheaper in price but a awesome set of full coilovers.
What sized turbo are you gonna use?
ok i looked at the function & forms and your right lol they are good ima swtich too those as for fuel injectors for some reason they wont tell me the size cant find it buh ik they are specific for my car and the turbo size is a t3/t4 .50 trim from turbonetics... i have been gettin alot of good and bad reviews from this kit idk :/ dont wanna waste my money and be disappointed

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Supper Moderator

I would recommend to go with RC injectors or the ones Bisimoto sells. They might be $100 more but since you are gonna go with the F&F coilovers you will break even. You will want something in the 450cc-550cc range depending on your power goals.
Also I would NOT buy a FULL turbo kit. I would piece one together.
You will end up with better quality parts and sometimes it comes out being cheaper.
Turbonetics is a awesome brand of turbos I would stick with them. I personally just would not buy a full turbo kit. It's nice that you have everything all at once but sometimes they come with cheaper parts (BOV/turbo manifold/down pipe ect.)

Keep us updated on how it goes and keep researching and researching be4 you buy anything. Check out cb7tuner.com I know it's not a site for you gen accord but you will find all kinda of useful info on that site. Also few guys are running the f22b1 in their cb7s (I donno why you would go for a f22b1 over a f22a6 but hey not my car lol)
Also TONS of good turbo thread to read and get good ideas for brand of parts and such.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I would recommend to go with RC injectors or the ones Bisimoto sells. They might be $100 more but since you are gonna go with the F&F coilovers you will break even. You will want something in the 450cc-550cc range depending on your power goals.
Also I would NOT buy a FULL turbo kit. I would piece one together.
You will end up with better quality parts and sometimes it comes out being cheaper.
Turbonetics is a awesome brand of turbos I would stick with them. I personally just would not buy a full turbo kit. It's nice that you have everything all at once but sometimes they come with cheaper parts (BOV/turbo manifold/down pipe ect.)

Keep us updated on how it goes and keep researching and researching be4 you buy anything. Check out cb7tuner.com I know it's not a site for you gen accord but you will find all kinda of useful info on that site. Also few guys are running the f22b1 in their cb7s (I donno why you would go for a f22b1 over a f22a6 but hey not my car lol)
Also TONS of good turbo thread to read and get good ideas for brand of parts and such.
ok i want a daily driver with the occasionally maybe some drag runs.....as for pieceing a turbo together i dont know shiieeettt about and i live in frickin northeast ohio i aint goin too find much of cheap quality parts around here :/ and ok thanxz i will look into it....

Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Supper Moderator

do your research on that turbo parts. Then buy them online...which looks like your doing anyways with your list of parts. As for a DD I would pull 280-300hp and call it a day. That plenty of power for the streets.
It's all about doing your research....heck it might take you 6months to do all your research but when it's all said and done you will be happy that you didn't buy crap parts and your engine only lasted few months after boosting it. Just take my word for it...DO YOUR RESEARCH that is one of the biggest key things to do when build ANYTHING not just cars.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Newest Of Newbies

do your research on that turbo parts. Then buy them online...which looks like your doing anyways with your list of parts. As for a DD I would pull 280-300hp and call it a day. That plenty of power for the streets.
It's all about doing your research....heck it might take you 6months to do all your research but when it's all said and done you will be happy that you didn't buy crap parts and your engine only lasted few months after boosting it. Just take my word for it...DO YOUR RESEARCH that is one of the biggest key things to do when build ANYTHING not just cars.
thanxz for all the help im startin too look into it now reviews and everything im doin my best cause this is hard buh its my passion i want a nice accord that turns heads for power and looks without the ricer look or the lack of power too be called a POS honda like alot of kids out here who dont know what they are doin

Quick Reply: My Accord Project :)