Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

need help??

Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Default need help??

ok i have a 02 LX accord. its a auto 2.3L vtec. and so far under the hood i have DC-S 4-2-1 headers, Tsudo catback exhaust, AEM tru power pulley kit, Ground wires, Sparkplug Wires. i want to get more hp and tq out of my motor. what else can i do besideds dropping a turbo into it?? Thanks for all the help.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Default RE: need help??

Get a cam, just do the research and don't over step the bounds of stock springs and what not. Or pull the head off, port match/polish everything, light weight valves springs, etc. If you get to crazy though you migh have to worry about the computer. Or rebuild the entire engine bore/stroke it, light weight pistons, stc. Or get the bottle.
If you don't really want to tear into your engine but some serious power then go bottle, pretty much bolt on.
Just a start...

Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 AM

ya thanks. how much do u think it will run me to port and polish the heads. and if u know wuts the estimate on hp and tq i could expect from it

Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 AM

MAYBE around 10 hp/tq and probably a couple hundred bucks to have it done. My hp/tq figures are rough, could be more but I don't think that it would be too much less. Best thing to do is actually get everything port matched as well to ensure the best flow of air in and exhaust out.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 AM

ya. wut do u like to run better. short ram intake or cold air. right now i have a cold air in it.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 AM

There are pros and cons to both I guess, but I would say that cold air is probably going to be the best for power, always fresh air and no underhood hot air, which is less dense. Some people have there opinions about it, but I'm happy with my sri and the throttle response I get.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM

ya thats wut i want. i kinda want better throttle response. i was thinkin about gettin a carbon fiber hood with the scoop anyway so the SRI would get cold air from out side

Old 09-28-2006, 07:19 PM

I saw a nice looking option the other day.... I think it was a dragon intake, you get their SRI with the ram air adapter dealy, basically you install the short ram intake and then install this ram air kit on there (only for dry days) and it ports your intake straight out the front so you get more air as you cruise down the road, if it's raining then there is a cap/cover that's in the kit so then it just acts like an SRI without the concern of water...

Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 PM

ya i think i have heard about that. were do u think i can find it?? would it give me just better throttle response? out would i get a lil more tq out of it??

Old 09-29-2006, 06:35 AM

You would definately get some more power out of it but it would be more like when the car is moving. Sitting still it won't do much other than a regular sri but truckin along the highway air is going to get stuffed into the engine, sweet throttle response at speed. Not sure where to get one though...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help??