Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Oil Extreme "Better Than Synthetic" in my 2004 EX (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/oil-extreme-%22better-than-synthetic%22-my-2004-ex-10690/)

maass 07-06-2007 10:06 AM

What the heck is a BOT

What is a BOT?

And for your information I was using a full synthetic oil. Castrol Syntec.

I wasn't so stupid to let someone put something in my car I had nevewr heard of, but the oil change guy showed me an article by David Vizard that was in several racing magazines. I understand Vizard is a well known technical writer with many years experience, so I took a chance. Are you guys always so suspicious? Bill

smaglik 07-06-2007 10:19 AM

RE: What the heck is a BOT

Welcome. I doubt anyone meant to be purposely offensive to you,but do not be so naive. The people on here tend to take some pride in the board, and dont welcome unsolicited advertivising posts. Read your first post, your FIRST post, and tell me that it doesnt sound like an ad. Plus, it was in bold...

RTexasF 07-06-2007 11:57 AM

RE: Oil Extreme "Better Than Synthetic" in my 2004 EX

ORIGINAL: maass

What's a bot?

This is my first experience with forums. If this is the reception I get for asking a simple question I hope your Honda breaks go out. As they undoubtedly will.
Your "welcome" was with words not suitable for this forum andinpoor taste. Your return above wishing harm to someoneis even worse..........and it's spelled brakes.You came across as spammer and it still looks that way, hawking some snake oil. If so then go away, if not try to stay with us to learn and contribute.

bssmagik83 07-06-2007 12:15 PM

Thats funny...I wanna see time slips, mileage reports, and his oil filter after the runs 10,000 miles through it

RTexasF 07-06-2007 12:29 PM

It's SPAM allright. Check this out......found on a Corvette forum. Sound familar?

I recently had Oil Extreme Better Than Synthetic motor oil put in my Vette. The mobile oil change guy told me I could extend my drain interval two or three times safely. I haven't reached that mileage yet but the car ran faster, cooler and quieter right away. My gas mileage even went up. I don't know exactly how much yet but I think it will be about an extra 50 miles on a tank. Is there any problem with extending my drain interval this much?

I'm going to take it to the drag strip and see if my quarter mile speed went up. If anyone has had experience with this product I would like to hear your comments. Bill

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

00AccordLX5spd 07-06-2007 04:23 PM

HAHA!! Keep 'em in line Texas! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

smaglik 07-06-2007 05:23 PM

what a toe.

Velocifero 07-07-2007 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

It's SPAM allright. Check this out......found on a Corvette forum. Sound familar?

I recently had Oil Extreme Better Than Synthetic motor oil put in my Vette. The mobile oil change guy told me I could extend my drain interval two or three times safely. I haven't reached that mileage yet but the car ran faster, cooler and quieter right away. My gas mileage even went up. I don't know exactly how much yet but I think it will be about an extra 50 miles on a tank. Is there any problem with extending my drain interval this much?

I'm going to take it to the drag strip and see if my quarter mile speed went up. If anyone has had experience with this product I would like to hear your comments. Bill

[sm=bustedsign.gif]
haha, nice find.

miami honda 07-07-2007 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

[sm=bustedsign.gif]
haha, nice find.

ja ja and you caught it right away too. Nice trained eyed my friend

Velocifero 07-07-2007 04:28 PM

ah why thank you, thank you :)