Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Recommendations for motor swap

Old 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Default RE: Recommendations for motor swap

H22. Engine from a Honda Prelude. More power, DOHC, more tuneablility. Do a search on "H22" in the search engine.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

H22. Engine from a Honda Prelude. More power, DOHC, more tuneablility. Do a search on "H22" in the search engine.
this is not an easy swap or a cheap one for 6th gens. i would probably just get a new F23 and build it or turbo it.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 AM

You do have a point. I've seen several members on 6thgenaccord.com that have them, but it doesn't seem as easy to do as many say it is. I think there's a lot of issues with the wiring & ECU &whether or not you will be using OBDI or OBDII.
I guess an H22 swap is just one of my own far-fetched dreams that will likely never happen.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 AM

always dream big! nothing is impossible.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: accord4sroy

always dream big! nothing is impossible.
well it's possible, it's just not economically feasible. its cheaper and/or easier to explore the options i mentioned. if you want to be able to say you have a H22 under the hood that's one thing. but, if youre looking for more power, theyre better choices out there. just my .02

Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 AM

Just a suggestion. Join www.6thgenaccord.com. There are several members on HAF that are also members over there. Most people on that site who have turbo's have pieced them together slowly as you described above. Since they are all 6th generation specific, you may have more F23-specific advice over there. But please, if you do join over there, stay over here as well. I'm sure our members can help you too, I just know I have seen a lot more mention of piecing turbos together on that site. Most say it can be done for under $1,500 to piece it together, where you would spend around $3k for a "kit".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommendations for motor swap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.