Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Default seafoam

I was thinking about seafoaming my car before i take it on a roadtrip this December from LA to vegas, about 250 miles one way.
So is seafoam a type of product or a brand of product? Also, is it the same as doing fuel injector service on my car?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: seafoam

its a brand of product, its a little more extreme then just fuel injector cleaner, and you put it in a few different ways, i have heard mixed reviews on it, some say it works great, some say that it actually does damage.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 PM

So if it's a brand of a product, then no matter where i go and see seaform (dealership, autoparts store, etc), it will end up being the same, right?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

right, unless they have different versions, but i'm pretty sure its all the same

Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 AM

I used it once in the tank and did not noticed any difference. Of course I have used Lucas too. But when I used half the bottle in the crankcase and drove the car for about 200 miles and did the oil change the used oil was almost completely dark instead of dark brown. I guess that it cleaned the engine internal. I also did the same thing on several other cars and got the same results.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Seafoam is carried/sold at most/all automotive stores across the nation. Plus...who wouldn't wanna puff out white/gray smoke for couple minutes?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM

i just put sea foam in my car yesterday.. ive done it to my friends car threw the vacuum line and it blew smoke for a few miles then went back to normal.. it gets rid of carbon build up and cleans stuff a like it.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I did it to mine last year or so. Put 1/3 in IM and 2/3 in gas tank and i was afraid of putting it in the oil! Anyways, putting it in the IM was nerve racking as the engine keep pulsing. Puffed a little white smoke but not as much as others on youtube. After that at stoplights it seemed like my car was going to die a few times but that was prolly from the removal of carbon. Also, be wary of the techniques to do it. I took 3 cups, so each was equal. Put 2 in the tank, and SLOWLY (took about 5-10 mintues) let the vacuum line suck op the seafoam from the cup. Alot of people let it suck it up until it dies which IMO could have the same effects as hydrolock.

Yes, all Seafoam is the same (red bottle) usually like $6-7

Old 09-22-2008, 10:35 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I would either Seafoam it a week or 2 before you go or try some Techron.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
flippinjig
Unregistered

What are the hazards of putting it in the oil? Would it help quiet hydraulic lifters in the V6??

Quick Reply: seafoam