Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

shaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
vanessa
Unregistered
Default shaking

i have a 89 honda accord lx-i

well lately the car has been shaking a lot, its seems worse when the car is on but parked, the steering wheel vibrates, it feels really scary!

does anyone know what this may be? and how much it will cost to fix it?

Old 05-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Default RE: shaking

I believe that the shaking is caused bythe motor mounts. Are they are worse when the motor is at a low rpm(when u are stopped) and the gradually go away as u accelerate? If thats the case them i'm sure it's your motor mounts, they become weak over time and the motor begins to shake. Alot of older accords do it. As for the price of repair, I'm really not sure....

Old 05-30-2005, 01:05 AM
vanessa
Unregistered

yes thats exactly what it does!

i hope its not too spendy

Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 AM

i'd expect most of the cost to be in labor, being that they will have to lift the motor. The parts, if there are any, shouldn't be that expensive at all. Just look in the phone book and call a few shops to price how much it would be, estimated, to fix your vibrating car.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:09 PM

changing the motor mounts arent too hjard if you have a lift ive help pull the motor out of an 93 accord a few times wanst as hard as i thought it would be

Old 05-31-2005, 07:12 PM

Don't rule out a bad spark plug/wire or injector?

Old 05-31-2005, 07:14 PM

A

Old 06-03-2005, 03:06 PM

I'd say motor mounts as well. Or maybe a really low idle...?

Old 06-05-2005, 12:09 AM
vanessa
Unregistered

ugh i really feel so stupid. My dad came by and checked it out, there was some wire or somethin that wasnt in the right place, now it fine, no shaking
BUT now im having problems withe something else, my car overheated around the same time i posted this, i had the oil changed, water was put in, as well as antifreeze, it was fine until yesterday, my temperature gauge started going up and down, it went straight to H while stopped at a red light, and a little smoke would come out from the hood, then as i accelerated, it would go back to normal.

Anyone know what this is?

lol maybe i just need a new car![]

Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 AM

What color smoke? Usually - White is coolant - Black is excessive fuel - Blue is oil

Also - Water pump belt tension loose.

Air in cooling system. Remove radiator cap when cold and top off if low, (50/50 mix).

Quick Reply: shaking