Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

SRS Aitbag Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Default SRS Aitbag Light

Well I went to start my car up over the weekend saw my SRS airbag light on and have no idea what triggered this....I then took it to Autozone and asked them if they can read the codes for me and the a** hat at the store stated that he is able to read the codes and that he would not drive car and it should be taken to the dealer. I have been reading on this forum how people just get Autozone to read the codes for them. Is this true? Shouldn't autozone just read the codes? Why would the light come on anyway.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: SRS Aitbag Light

You can jump the service check connector to check the code/s.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 AM

did you replace the battery recently ?? if you did that will kick the code to come on ..............

go to our DIY section there is a post on how to clear SRS lite .. clear it and drive car ,, if it comes on again take it to dealer

Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Where is this service connnector located? Thanks.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 96hondaaccord

Thanks for the help guys. Where is this service connnector located? Thanks.
Below the glovebox, 2-pin connector.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM

Is it behind a panel or is it plain view as I have looked for it. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:26 PM

Well I performed the test a couple times and deserthonda in your DIY of resetting the light. It seems that most people I have been talking to have said the connector is under the glovebox on the passenger side. Your DIY says it is under dash on the driver's side. I am confused as to which one it is. Can you confirm please? I also tried the passenger side one and it has no effect to the SRS light at all.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:24 PM

Well I performed the test a couple times and deserthonda in your DIY of resetting the light. It seems that most people I have been talking to have said the connector is under the glovebox on the passenger side. Your DIY says it is under dash on the driver's side. I am confused as to which one it is. Can you confirm please? I also tried the passenger side one and it has no effect to the SRS light at all.
The service check connector for checking the codes should be under the glove box. The MES connector for clearing the srs codes is under the left side of the dash.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Thanks all I got it to work and now I am trying to figure out if I should reset my ECU. If I do what will happen...Thanks.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

The service check connector for checking the codes should be under the glove box. The MES connector for clearing the srs codes is under the left side of the dash.

Thanks CHIO, for explaining it ..

Quick Reply: SRS Aitbag Light