Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Swap shops in Cincy or Dayton area????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Default Swap shops in Cincy or Dayton area????

Hello all, I'm new to the Forum but this is not my first Honda. Just a question here as I'm having some type of brain fart or something. I have a 91 EX sedan 5 speed with 170K that runs like a champ with minimal leaks and no oil burning at all. If by some chance I end up breaking the motor, God forbid, what can I expect from a swap? Meaning a DOHC V-TEC engine. I'm looking to find out what would I need to purchase to swap the engine in my car and how difficult is it to wire up and also what do you guys recommend as far as engines and computers. Please don't use abbreviations as I'm just now learning so if you do use them put the meaning in () if you can so I don't feel so stupid. Also does anybody know of a shop in the Cincy or Dayton Ohio area that does this type of work? Are the DOHC V-TEC engines the H22A?? If not what are they?
Thanks guys and I hope I get enough info so if my engine happens to puke I can make a sleaper out of this sedan.
Jason

Old 05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Default RE: Swap shops in Cincy or Dayton area????

there are a number of DOHC V-Tech engines not just the H22A, there are also SOHC V-Tech engines... The H22A is the largest 4 cyl so it's the most commonly reffered to one... as far as shops in that area I have no idea... to do the swap you're going to need the engine, trany (possibly), drive axles, wiring harness, ecu, motor mounts, shift linkage and then you should be able to do it...