Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Are these engines the same????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Devo
Unregistered
Default Are these engines the same????

Hi All, excuse me if this sounds a bit thick but need to ask a question regarding the engine in my 96 Accord. I've got a UK F22Z2 and have been having issues getting a stainless steel manifold for it. I have heard though the following engines have the same fitment as my one....

H22A-2
F22B
F22B-5

Is this true? I'm at the point of giving up and just getting one custom mate (costs a lot though...)

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Are these engines the same????

Look up "honda F engines" and "honda H engines" on Wikipedia. All your questions are answered there.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Thats to describe the engine. Devo is asking about exhaust manifold compatibility. Wiki probably wont answer THAT question.

Wiki tells you what specific car has that engine. Call dealer parts dept for part number of exhaust manifold gasket. Matching gasket = manifold will fit.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 AM

Reading too fast .... good catch Jim!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Devo
Unregistered

I'm almost wondering if it's worth the hassle of finding the correct Stainless Steel manifold and just go with a bold on Turbo Kit... but a turbo on a VTEC engine, will that kill it? I've been told that it can screw up your engine, could someone please confirm this and excuse the thickness in the question. I'm still new to tuning Honda's, just done Mopar in the past.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 AM

wrong.... Vtec helps turbo cars to release more gases faster and ave a cleaner burn. My car is turbo and Vtec, so take my advise...when the Vtec kicks in it feels a giant pull! feels awesome...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

wrong.... Vtec helps turbo cars to release more gases faster and ave a cleaner burn. My car is turbo and Vtec, so take my advise...when the Vtec kicks in it feels a giant pull! feels awesome...
Name:  scootervtec.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  61.3 KB

Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

LOL!! funny pic...

where in the rpm range does your vtec kicks in kevin? just wondering..cuz mine kicks in at 4k rpm..tho i dont have a turbo=D

Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Devo
Unregistered

Cool, cheers for the info guys. I've just ordered my Turbo kit and will hope to have it installed in the next couple of weeks.

On another note..... Can anyone reccomend a good short shifter kit for a 1996 Honda Accord 2.2i VTEC (F22Z2, CE9)? B&M used to make one but they have discontinued the line.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Kevin has an Apex Neo which allows him to fix the VTEC engagement. With the normal ECU program, the engagement moves around in the rpm range depending on load. This is why it is easier to tune a non-VTEC turbo car than one with VTEC, but if you have a controller to fix the engagement, you can tune the systems to work together to make more power.

Quick Reply: Are these engines the same????