Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Transmission Question (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/transmission-question-14422/)

Whitefoxx 12-04-2007 11:33 AM

Transmission Question

Wass uP guys im getting my transmission rebuild at the dealer very soon, and i wanted to add some extra power, (why not might as well) so my question to you guys, what can i do for some more power as far as the transmission goes? let me know guys if you got anything in mind i can do THANX.. by the way i found out the rims i wanted to get RACING HARTS 722 machined black DOESNT FIT MY CAR, spend a lot of time finding the right ones now i have to start all over :0(

KevinAccord 12-04-2007 01:55 PM

RE: Transmission Question

why wouldn't they fit? u know u can make ur car a 5 lug right? it takes a proffesional, but i have a friend that made his civic (4lugs) a 5 lug so he could use the integra type R rims

Whitefoxx 12-04-2007 03:39 PM

they come in 5 lug set to, but the dimension's are diffrent custom fit wont look good is what i was told

falkore24 12-04-2007 04:10 PM

the V6 already has 5 lug ...... for the tranny, you could replace the one you have with a Dr. Evil one ..... it'll cost you $4500 though.

sir_nasty 12-04-2007 04:12 PM

the only real "power gain" you can get inside the tranny is to either re-gear it for whatever setup you want (launch, top speed etc) or get a lightweight flywheel

BlkCurrantKord 12-04-2007 04:22 PM

Automatics don't use flywheels.

Whitefoxx 12-04-2007 04:38 PM

what is the "dr. evil one"

sir_nasty 12-04-2007 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Automatics don't use flywheels.
I didn't realize he had the V6, just glanced and saw no mention of auto or 5 speed so I made an assumption. Nice catch!

Dr. Evil Tranny:

http://www.dreviltransmissions.com/home.html

Whitefoxx 12-04-2007 05:13 PM

i think instead of paying 2-3 k to rebuild my tranny with honda dealership, i will order a dr evil tranny a good one what do you guys think?

falkore24 12-04-2007 05:14 PM

it is an OEM tranny that they re-valved and put Raysbestos blue clutchpacks in.

it's much less likely with their prorietary valving, but the Dr. Evil's can fail too.

sir_nasty 12-04-2007 05:15 PM

as long as you're going to do the install yourself I'd say go for it. At least then you know you're not going to be doing a rebuild anytime soon and you're already set to boost the bajeezus out of it and not worry about the tranny.

KevinAccord 12-04-2007 08:05 PM

im in the dr. evil's web site and have no idea how o look for a tranny for my car... do they make them?

Whitefoxx 12-04-2007 11:58 PM

i think so every one is talking about it, i havent called yet but im sure they do. by the way i got some pics uP, but sucks i cant put any more :O(

pyaarawala 12-05-2007 09:36 AM

wow 2-3 thousand dollars just to rebuild the tranny from Honda? Why not take it to Aamco or something where they charge like $1600 or where I got it done was $900. How long of a warranty is Honda giving you?

Whitefoxx 12-05-2007 12:24 PM

i think it was 80 k miles, i tryed many places to see if my warrenty would cover it, it doesnt, what els can you do i'm so used to it already tranny skipping,, i learned how to drive it so it doesnt happen as much, but either way im going to have to spend cash to get it fixed so might as well get the best one which loooks like is the dr. evil so far....

falkore24 12-05-2007 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

im in the dr. evil's web site and have no idea how o look for a tranny for my car... do they make them?
you have to email them ....

[hr] From: Dr. Evil Performance Transmissions [mailto:sales@dreviltransmissions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:28 AM
To: Aaron Bier
Cc: Admin
Subject: Re: 2000 Accord V6 auto sedan

[/align] All of our transmissions come with converter.[/align] [/align] Transmission $4500.00[/align] Shipping $350.00 roundtrip[/align] Core deposit $500.00[/align] [/align] Transmission is remanufactured with Raybestos Blue Plate racing clutches, new OEM solenoids, updated valve body, LSD differential[/align] Heavy Duty converter.[/align] [/align] [blockquote] ----- Original Message -----
[/align] From: Aaron Bier
[/align] To: sales@dreviltransmissions.com
[/align] Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:33 PM
[/align] Subject: 2000 Accord V6 auto sedan

[/align]
[/align]Hi! I have a 2000accord v6 sedan. I am looking for a direct bolt-on tranny for Street/Light Racing purposes. Do you have a product that fits the bill? Am I ok using the stock torque converter or should I use a new one? Recommendations are appreciated. Also, please include pricing. Thank you!!![/align]

[/align]Aaron Bier[/align][/align][/blockquote]

honda97valdeez 12-16-2007 04:01 PM

Finally I will ask: Falkore, what are these mysterious "toys"
the 3G has? I looked at the gallery, but still had to ask.

Thanks for the effort with dr.evil- the valdeez is drooling in anticipation.

falkore24 12-17-2007 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: honda97valdeez

Finally I will ask: Falkore, what are these mysterious "toys"
the 3G has?

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_8..._/tm.htm#85270