Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Tune-Up Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Default Tune-Up Kit

All,

Time for a tuneup on my 96 EX sedan. I called around for plug wires, and got quotes from $21 up through $75 (OEM from dealer). I was told you should not go cheap on the wires, but that seems expensive to me. Checked out TASAuto.com, who had the following tune-up kit for $85 (http://www.secureleadercom.com/exsto...ield=inetsdesc). Kit includes the wires, plugs, rotor and cap, PCV valve, etc. Everything is listed as metting or exceeding OEM specs. Is this a good deal ? Are these parts quality ?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Regards,

Buckeye

Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Default RE: Tune-Up Kit

as far as the quality of the parts is concerned I don't know.... but that's a sweet price, personally I'd buy it and just pitch the plugs unless they were NGK and buy NGK plugs.... If I had the money right now I'd buy one, if it turned out to be crap then at least it wasn't a big enough investment to break me plug the PCV valve and air filter are probably fine so you wind up having to spend a little more money in the long run but if not then you know where to get stuff in the future.... that is a great price though and our vendors seem to be great people to work with...