Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Tunit VC-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Red face Tunit VC-R

Have just bought Honda Accord Touring 2.2 EX GT Dtec. I had a 2.2 CDti Civic but pending Dog has caused the change. However, where do I plug in the Tunit VC-R on the New Dtec engine as it looks nothing like the Civic? Thanks

Old 04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Red face Tunit VCR

I hope to resolve this situation later next week and I will post results here as well as pictures to Tunit UK. It would seem that most people are from the other side of the pond on this site and therefore do not know what a TUNIT is?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Right, most of us are from USA. But there are several UK as well as down-under.

Not only do we not know what Tunit is all about, but Honda USA has not seen fit to allow us to purchase any diesel engines at all.

I hope that's not TOO discouraging, 'cause personally I think it's better to have members from all over.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Default Tunit VC-R

Ok fitting of the TUNIT VC-R is a bit awkward or fiddly to be honest. I will describe the location as if I was facing the window screen. Therefore the connection is to the left hand side at the rear of the engine bay, pretty much in line with the steering column. Unable to upload pictures but I am sure there is away to do it nut not if you using Opera. Still mine is fitted and I would be happy to email the pictures if anyone needs them.