Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Weapon R Cold air intakes

Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Default Weapon R Cold air intakes

Hey i have a 99 honda accord V6 Coupe and i was thinking about puttin in a cold air intake. I was lookin at the Weapon R cold air intakes and I was wondering if they are any good. They caught my eye becuase they are affordable. haha 128 bucks on andysautosport. any comments on them?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: Weapon R Cold air intakes

from my experience and from what i read and see around these streets, the V6 accords have a little tiny bit more of a gain with the V2 intakes...i've also heard some people prefer to go short ram on their V6's...and as for weapon R, i am not sure on them...most of the people i know have K&N,AEM and other name brands but in my opinion most of those filters are pretty much the same, there are only a handful out there that actually do look a little more powerful but when push comes to shove,they pretty much give the same gain.Most cold air intakes will give you only give you between 5-10 Hp gain depending on what kind of motor you running on...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:55 PM

Why a short ram intake? i always thought cold air intakes gave more hp?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

We do have a search button up there you know.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The biggest difference between a CAI and an SRI are the costs, HP gains are marginal between the two. Any intake is fine, the filter is the most important part. The Weapon R intakes are gaining in reputation though, so you're not heading down a bad road. If you want, I'm sure falkore can go all out nerd on this and explain the pressure drop differences between the two.

falkore, you facked your sig up.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM

bro you can get a cheap air intake from ebay and get a K&N air filter ....total cost your gonna pay is around 75 to 80
that's what i did and it worked out really good ...it's all about what kind of filter your getting ....oh and you don't gain that much HP only like
5 or 6 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...em310037797158
but do not use the air filter that it comes with ....just look around for some more intakes on ebay
and don't go for short ram ...i have few friends that say it did not work out for them ...too much warm air coming into engine and lound noise not much of gain in HP
but it's up to you ...just gotta do more research

Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Word. ive always been leaning more toward the CAI. but yo does the size of the piping make any difference? like is it the bigger the better?

Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM

CAI is what i'm rolling on and i got to say i'm feeling it. i wouldnt get a bigger pipe unless you want to drive rich(meaning eat more gas) because my friend pulled a stunt like that and placed a 3" pipe when he was a 2.5" pipe and his MPG LOOKED HORRIBLE!and he's rolling in a corolla...

i like the V2 more for your engine, when i look under a V6 hood and see a V2 intake, it makes it look like its packing power even though i got to be honest. the 6th generations are packing some power for real! and there are so many mod's you can do to that engine its sickening...I LOVE J SERIES engines and F Series!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM

falklore knows alot more when it comes to header's and intake's!ask him whats the benefits, he'll let you know...its just a matter of catching his attention to this thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM

i have another question. say i have a 2.75" pipe. what size filter would i need to buy cuz im gettin that apexi power filter. CHYEA! haha like they say i need to tell them what size flange i need...i have no clue what that is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weapon R Cold air intakes