General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

"03 EX - radio/cd player display lights.

Old 04-29-2005, 09:37 PM
CONTOUR1
Unregistered
Default "03 EX - radio/cd player display lights.

I have a 2003 honda accord ex. the display on the radio/cd player has
gone out. all other functions work. is there a bulb or fuse that is specific
to just this display? or did I hit button combination that dims the light.
DateStamp: 4/29/2005 1:11:46 PM
IP:71.102.66.231

Old 04-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Administrator
Default RE: "03 EX - radio/cd player display lights.

Hi New Member..Welcome to the forum...

I suggest you get and or read your owners manual to see if one of the switchs can do what you say happene'd..

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-30-2005, 03:02 PM
mehappy
Unregistered

thanks for the "owners manual" suggestion, read every word about the radio/cd controls & there's nothing in it

Old 05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
leftsocktwo
Unregistered

'03 Accord V6 Coupe. I just experienced this same problem yesterday. All the buttons work and the radio and climate control are still functional, but no backlights. I read through the manual and checked all the fuses, but no dice. I went to the dealer this morning and they explained to me that I needed a new radio unit. Thankfully, my car is still under warranty. This should be a recall.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: leftsocktwo

'03 Accord V6 Coupe. I just experienced this same problem yesterday. All the buttons work and the radio and climate control are still functional, but no backlights. I read through the manual and checked all the fuses, but no dice. I went to the dealer this morning and they explained to me that I needed a new radio unit. Thankfully, my car is still under warranty. This should be a recall.
wow thats bad

Old 05-17-2005, 04:43 PM
iamhtran
Unregistered

The same thing just happened to me on 5/14/05. Seems like this is a common issue for 2003 models which there is a couple of servie bulletins on this issue. I have not taken my car back to the dealer yet since it is has 38000 miles on it. I wonder how many others have this issue? Lets take a poll. Whoever has this issue please tell us there year and model of your Accord. Mine is 2003 EX V6 2dr coupe.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 PM

That really sux...my recomendation is if its not in warranty, get a Metra Kit and a better aftermarket headunit.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 AM
Kevin
Unregistered

Wow... this is the exact problem that prompted me to join this forum. I guess I'm not alone. Mine's a 2003 Accord V6 Coupe. It sounds like the exact same problem some of you are having: radio works fine but the backlight is out. I searched for a control dial to adjust it but couldn't find one. And yes, I read all 20+ pages in my owner's manual but no luck. And I'm past my warranty.

I'll look on Honda's website for info and post what I find (if anything).

Love the car, though!

Old 06-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Kevin
Unregistered

Okay, here's the deal: My '03 Accord Coupe (V6) is going to get a new stereo due to this problem. After the lights stopped working, I took it to the dealer and they informed me that it was a common problem. The service advisor showed me two service receipts for the same problem that he had completed that day! Anyways, since my Accord isn't under warranty anymore (44K miles), the advisor said I could pay for the new stereo and installation. I didn't even bother asking how much that would cost since my mind was set not to pay for this. After talking to him for a couple minutes, I asked what he would do if he were in my situation. He suggested that I call Honda Motors directly (1-800-999-1009). I did so and they contacted me a week later saying that they'd pay for it.

In conclusion, apparently, it pays to complain to the right people in the right fashion. I still love the car.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the info. I just called Honda with the phone # above. They said take it to a dealer to get an estimate. Then call back their "goodwill" desk. They gave me a reference #. We will see what happens. Thanks for the help!!! I will keep you posted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "03 EX - radio/cd player display lights.