General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

[B]'00 Cluster Lights Go Out Bad Connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Default [B]'00 Cluster Lights Go Out Bad Connection

Hey Guys,

I've read a lot of threads about dash cluster backlights not working due to radios or turning off/on headlights. I have a different problem with my '00 EX Accord that involves the connector at the top left of the cluster panel. I opened the dash covers and rolled the cluter panel out so I could see the connector. When I took the connector off and clean it with Q-tips and alcohol and put it back on I could get the cluster backlights to work but just a little wiggling of the connector plug and they would go back off. I kept cleaning and reseating the connector and the lights stayed on better. I put the dash back together and the backlights worked for a week or two and then wouldn't come back on again. I had read somewhere on the internet that you could put a jumper wire between two of the wires on the connector and it was a work around for this problem.

Any of you guys familiar or head of this jumper? I don't want to have to change out the instrument cluster and lose my original odomoter.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

I think, the jumper is for the multiplex....meaning you never have lights unless the jumper is in place.

I don't have a link saved but I know I have seen this "jump" posted on here more than once.