General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Blower motor problems... PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 07 Blower motor problems... PLEASE HELP!

I have a 2007 EX-L NAVI auto transmission accord SEDANN

I hit a pothole about a year ago and my fan stopped. The compressor works fine and is generating cold air but it's not blowing out the air. I noticed that the fan speed started getting slower and slower over the last year. When I hit a bump in the road (literally - no pun intended) it either stops blowing air or will start blowing air. But the speed is much slower than it should be, even on the highest setting.

Also, I took it to the STEALERSHIP about 4 months ago and they changed the resistor/transistor thing but that made no difference at all. Now my extended warranty is up (84K miles now) and I am thinking I might need to change the blower motor. I have two questions...

1.) Can anyone tell me if this (changing the blower motor)is indeed what the problem is? What I need to do?

2.) Is this a difficult job to do?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

You can try getting the HVAC codes. There is a writeup in the DIY section about that.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Blower motor can be replaced by removing three screws dropping the motor vertically down. Check ebay, amazon, et al for a new replacement blower motor.

good luck

Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Where are the three screws i need to remove? I have the actual "Service Manual" but it took me through the diagnostic code set up on the AC unit and it looks like it is definitely a blower motor code "n" on the driver side AC display where it shows either the 88 or blinks with one of the segments. So, I went through the troubleshooting guide further but stopped because it looked like it wanted me to check some things out but didn't describe where those things were. I checked the fuses and they are good. I really think it's the blower motor but I do not know how to remove it and could not find it in the service manual. It's the big fat phone book thick service manual the dealer uses. Anyway, anyone know the quickest way to get the blower motor out? Do I have to take apart the whole dashboard?? Again, thanks for your help! I really appreciate any input.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Yes, I have same "big fat manual". It's in the heater/AC section. Look in index. I just looked at it last night.

The three screws should be vertical screws visible from underside of blower housing under glove box.

good luck

Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Newest Of Newbies

OK. Thank you so much for your help.

I wanted to let you know that my blower motor was not running at all. I removed the items from my glove box and removed the glove box as per instructions in the service manual. Almost immediately upon removing the glove box the fax started up (albeit still not up to the speed as when the car was new and it did seem to take about one whole minute for the fan speed to spool up to a level where it was somewhat efficient). I removed the three torx screws from beneath the blower motor fan cover and dropped the fan/motor down and again turned on the power and watched the fan. It did not move at all when I turned on the fan so I gave it a little spin and it started spinning (again, a slow progressively faster spin). I did remove the cabin filter and it was pretty dirty (had not been changed since I bought it new in 2007). I replaced it with a new one and that seemed to increase the airflow but the motor still was not spinning at a high RPM as it probably should be. I also notice on once occasion that not only was the fan not working but it was not blowing cold air. That has only happened about three times. I'm not sure if I should replace the entire blower motor housing and assembly or just the fan/motor part. Does anyone know if the housing has any interconnections that could be the cause of the compressor not turning on?

I've ordered a new blower motor assembly and will take pictures and post them on here of the housing under the glove box for other people's future reference.

Thanks again for your help thus far and any additional assistance with regard to the ongoing problem mentioned above would be much appreciated

Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Picture of my car....

Just thought I would show you guys my ride!

Attached Thumbnails 07 Blower motor problems...   PLEASE HELP!-myaccord.jpg  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM

Suggest checking the voltage supplied to your motor. I suspect the voltage is reduced by the power transistor somehow. If < 12v, then problem is not blower. If voltage at max fan is 12V and fan speed is slow, it may be a problem w/ motor brushes (worn not making full contact).

good luck

Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default checking voltage to blower motor...

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it with an old fluke meter I have.....

Hadn't had a use for it in a while...

Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Newest Of Newbies

OK. I checked the Voltage and it pretty much stays between 11.92 and 12.24 volts consistently. So, I'm guessing it is the motor now. Thanks again for your help. I will post pictures of the Blower motor replacement process in this thread when i swap it out and replace the glove box.

Quick Reply: 07 Blower motor problems... PLEASE HELP!