General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

08 Accord Coupe Gas Cap Door Issues

Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
stan11buzz
Unregistered
Default 08 Accord Coupe Gas Cap Door Issues

Hello all,

I am new to the site and pretty new to owning a Honda. Ipurchased my 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 6-speed 6-cyl (black on black) on June 21st, 2008 (first day of summer) after having recently graduated college. I love the car! It has a very smooth ride, handles well, is quick, sleek and is a good value as a long-term vehicle.

Though it's performance in the snow is sub-par, it was well expected and well worth thechallenge, knowing the benefits of thisbeautiful car the other 3 seasons.

The reason for my post, and my main concern for my car up to now is as follows:

The door that opens, to expose the gas cap, is very inconsistent as to whether itworks or not. I push in the button on the floorboard to the left of the drivers seat multiple times on occasion, with no luck having the door pop open. Sometimes I'll have to sit at a gas station and press, sometimes hold, and even try and pull on that lever 10-15 times in an effort to open the door. It is really frustrating when all you want is to gas up and go.

Is anyone having/ or have had the same problem as me? Is there a trick to releasing the door lock for the gas cap? Should I be holding the gas cap lever down for a certain amount of time? Should I leave the accessory on as I try to gas up? Is it a circuit problem possibly? What's the deal?

Any and all help is very much appreciated as this problem is the biggest frustrationabout my current vehicle.

Thanks for your help-

Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 08 Accord Coupe Gas Cap Door Issues

Id make a warranty claim on that one. Especially since you just bought the car ON MY BIRTHDAY! Longest day of the year. (Mom said it CERTAINLY WAS!)

Seems like it should be something simple like the cable. Look for a loose cable anchor down at the lever. Then peel back that carpet stuff inside the trunk to look at the cable which pulls the latch pin.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM
stan11buzz
Unregistered
Default RE: 08 Accord Coupe Gas Cap Door Issues

Thank you.