General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1999 Accord V6 fluid pressure test port?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Default 1999 Accord V6 fuel pressure test port?

Hi, all.
Does anyone know where is the fuel pump pressure test port for 1999 accord V6? I see some clips on youtube but only for V4 2.2L. Thank you very much.

Last edited by Newhond; 05-18-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Misspell
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Newhond
Hi, all.
Does anyone know where is the fluid pump pressure test port for 1999 accord V6? I see some clips on youtube but only for V4 2.2L. Thank you very much.
Two comments:
  • Honda Accords have never had a V4, the two options are I4 and V6 (as far as I know, there hasn't been a V4 available in any automobile, from any manufacturer, from anywhere in the world in the last three or four decades).
  • What kind of fluid are you trying to obtain a pressure test for? Oil, gasoline, coolant, power steering, A/C refrigerant, ATF, or brake?

Old 05-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Two comments:
  • Honda Accords have never had a V4, the two options are I4 and V6 (as far as I know, there hasn't been a V4 available in any automobile, from any manufacturer, from anywhere in the world in the last three or four decades).
  • What kind of fluid are you trying to obtain a pressure test for? Oil, gasoline, coolant, power steering, A/C refrigerant, ATF, or brake?
oh , I don't know much about car. My car is 1999 honda accord V6. I'm sorry about my English (I mean fuel not fluid). I'm trying to obtain a pressure test for gasoline. Thank you so much for your reply.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Are you testing because your car has an issue or are you just curious what the pressure is?

If it is having an issue, can you share with us what is happening?

Old 05-18-2016, 03:07 PM

It should be on the fuel rail. Harbor Freight has a 20 dollar kit that has the fitting for our cars.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

I think there should be a hose from the fuel rail over to the firewall. That's the fuel supply hose, and the arrangement at the firewall should be where a pressure gauge would connect. You probably have to be creative with adapter fittings to get the gauge connected.

The fuel return hose comes from the fuel-pressure regulator. Don't measure there, because it'll be a very low pressure downstream of the regulator.

Like Shipo says, why do you need to measure it?

Old 05-18-2016, 04:04 PM

I stand corrected since I didn't pay attention to the v6 reference for some reason.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Are you testing because your car has an issue or are you just curious what the pressure is?

If it is having an issue, can you share with us what is happening?
I want to check the fuel pump pressure because my car have an issue. Every morning I have to try 2 or 3 times to make it start. After the car started, I turn the key off then start it again, it starts easily (just One time). Or when I park the car about 1-2 hours for shopping, It has no problem to start. It means that if I park my car for a long time (10-15 hours) then I have to try 2-3 times to make it start. My friend told me that the fuel pump of my car does not hold the pressure or not enough pressure to put the gas to the engine.

@holmesnmanny and JimBlake :
I think 1999 honda accord V6 the port to check the pressure is not on the fuel rail. Because we have to remove the intake manifold in order to see the fuel rail. I guess it should located in the place where we can reach easily.
I'll look for the fuel supply hose but the problem is I have to make an adapter fitting for the hose.
I rent the fuel pump pressure check kit from O'Reilly auto part. $134 deposit for 2 days when I return they will refund the whole amount.

Thank you all for your help.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

You issue may be the fuel rail isn't holding pressure, so technically the fuel pump is working, but the fuel pressure bleeds when the car sits.

When the car sits overnight, turn the key to the II position, but do not try to start the car. Wait for the check engine light to turn on and off. Turn the key off, and repeat 2 times. See if the car starts normally using this technique.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You issue may be the fuel rail isn't holding pressure, so technically the fuel pump is working, but the fuel pressure bleeds when the car sits.

When the car sits overnight, turn the key to the II position, but do not try to start the car. Wait for the check engine light to turn on and off. Turn the key off, and repeat 2 times. See if the car starts normally using this technique.
Thank you for your help.I'll try to do that tomorrow morning.
You mean the fuel rail was leaking? but I did not smell any gas. What about the fuel pressure regulator? Does it control the pressure? I saw that the fuel pressure regulator connect to the fuel rail, return hose and one small hose maybe for air.
I think you're right. I noted that when I turn the key to the position II, I heard the sound of the main relay and some sound like ( e, e, e...) I think the fuel pump made that sound. So, the fuel pump still work.
What happen if the fuel pump still work but it is a little weaker than normal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Accord V6 fluid pressure test port?