General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Honda Accord Electronic & Light Problems HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Question 1999 Honda Accord Electronic & Light Problems HELP

I have a 1999 Honda accord 6 cyl.
Just replaced a faulty brake light switch, after realizing from a fellow driver my lights weren't activating. The installation was a success, although now my car radio doesnt work, overhead lamps, back light for dash display, AC (above radio), and most importantly, my night time running (tail) lights aren't functioning. Everything else is in order including windows, moonroof, brake lights, headlights, etc. I checked all three places (under hood, passenger and driver side) for burnt fuses. And they all are fine. Not sure what to do. And i can't drive at night (legally anyway) without them. PLEASE HELP

Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Were those items you listed working before you replaced the brake switch?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Yes, I'm sure all items (besides brake lights) were functioning before. Due to the fact that when my brake lights were out I substituted them by turning on my rear driving lights (during the day).

Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Also, what leads me to believe that it is a problem bigger than just a fuse, is that clock fuse (right pass. fuse panel) has full continuity. along with the radio fuse, but each does not work. along with other listed items

Old 01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

What about the #10 fuse in the pass side....bottom row, second from the right? It is either a 10 or 15 amp depending on 2dr vs 4dr?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 PM

The #10 fuse is fine. Checked it with a multimeter. And it is a 10A.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:52 PM

After further research, I have discovered that the driver's side Multiplex computer may be malfunctioning. It is quite an expensive part, and don't want to blow money. Anyone have any clue if this could really be the problem?
Thanks for any help

Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

For the radio not working, check the #8 (7.5A) fuse in the driver's side interior fuse box and the #9 (20A) fuse in the passenger side interior fuse box.

Also, what trim level is your Accord V6, LX, EX?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Question HELP!? 1999 Accord

I have a 1999 Honda Accord, recently replaced my brake light switch due to them not working. Everything (besides brakes) was working before the installation. After, brakes worked fine. BUT my radio, dome lights, courtesy lights, dimmer behind speedometer, trunk lights, license plate light, gear shifter lights and most importantly night-time running/driving lights DO NOT WORK. Basically the entire interior light system. I have checked ALL fuses in all 3 locations, and replaced the driver's side and passenger's side Multiplex units, to no avail. As well as the headlight/blinker switch. The problem occurred after replacing the switch, though I do not think it is the underlying problem. We also replaced all bulbs. Everything else works including windows, headlights, moonroof, reverse lights, brake lights, blinkers, certain instrument cluster lights (i.e. service engine soon/ seatbelt etc.). I am about sick of this problem, and i'm on the verge of sending it to a mechanic and blowing more money than i need to. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP!!! any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Please do not start a new thread. I merged your threads.

What model trim is your car Accord V6, LX or EX? They have slightly different circuits for some of the components.

Quick Reply: 1999 Honda Accord Electronic & Light Problems HELP