General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord EX Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Angry 2000 Accord EX Electrical Problem

I reciently replaced my after market stereo with another, newer model. I let the constant 12v wire ground out on the the metal frame behind the stereo. since then, my power locks don't work. my passenger window has to be rolled down from the passenger side. when I turn off the key the trip meter goes back to 0. and the main ECU get reset everytime I turn off the key. im so confused and frustrated right now. all the fused in all three panels are fine. does anyone know of a main relay somewhere I might of fried? this is a 2000 Honda Accord EX with a V6. I cant even get emmisions done on the car because everytime I shut it off the computer resets and the shop cant get a read on the computer. Help PLEASE!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Angry 2000 Accord EX Electrical Problem

I recently replaced my after market stereo with another, newer model. I let the constant 12v wire ground out on the metal frame behind the stereo. since then, my power locks don't work. my passenger window has to be rolled down from the passenger side. when I turn off the key the trip meter goes back to 0. and the main ECU get reset every time I turn off the key. im so confused and frustrated right now. all the fused in all three panels are fine. does anyone know of a main relay somewhere I might of fried? this is a 2000 Honda Accord EX with a V6. I cant even get emissions done on the car because every time I shut it off the computer resets and the shop cant get a read on the computer. Help PLEASE!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Angry 2000 Accord V6 EX electrical problem

I recently replaced my after market stereo with another, newer model. I let the constant 12v wire ground out on the metal frame behind the stereo. since then, my power locks don't work. my passenger window has to be rolled down from the passenger side. when I turn off the key the trip meter goes back to 0. and the main ECU get reset every time I turn off the key. im so confused and frustrated right now. all the fused in all three panels are fine. does anyone know of a main relay somewhere I might of fried? this is a 2000 Honda Accord EX with a V6. I cant even get emissions done on the car because every time I shut it off the computer resets and the shop cant get a read on the computer. Help PLEASE!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

I've moved this to General Tech, please read the posting rules in some of the sections.

Does/is the clock re-setting as well?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 PM

the clock isn't plugged in at this time.. whoever put the previous system used the ignition wire from the clock for the stereo. and didn't plug the clock back in.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 PM

the wire that grounded out was in fact the 12 constant wire that feeds the clock

Old 06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

I've merged all of your threads together.

So you found the wire.....are you still having the issue, this is solved.

Or are you still needing help?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM

this all starting happening after the wire accidently grounded out while replacing the stereo. im assuming the it caused a relay somewhere to go out!! a relay that is connected to the clock in the dash? I am still having the problem.. this clock was unplugged before this problem started happening. what causes all your electrical components to go out at the same time like this?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM

nothing is grounding out at this time!!

Old 06-06-2013, 06:00 PM

thank you in advance for your time and help!

Quick Reply: 2000 Accord EX Electrical Problem