General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord-SRS and Malfunction Lamp On

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Default 2000 Accord-SRS and Malfunction Lamp On

On my 2000 Honda Accord EX (V6), I removed Number 9, 7.5 Amp fuse from under the driver's side dash board by mistake. After re-inserted it back in place, the SRS and Check (Malfunction Indicator) Lamps stay lit. Is this a real problem or will the lamps go out on their own? Does something need to be reset? How to do it?
I was investigating the passenger windows-front and rear- not working; however, the driver's side window is fully functional. Any sound and concrete idea/fix for this problem also.

Thanks, and Respectfully,

Fugrwe

Old 05-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Can you scan for codes? I can't think of why just removing and replacing that fuse would cause an issue.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 AM

I did not replace the fuse, but reinserted the same fuse, and I never disconnected, removed or replaced anything else--no jiggling of wires or connectors. I will try to have AutoZone do a scan and will let you know the code(s).
By the way, any suggestions on why the driver's side windows work, but not any of the other windows? I am the original owner of this Accord EX with 102,000 miles and always serviced timely and properly.

Thanks and respectfully,

Fugrwe

Old 05-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Replace/remove and reinsert.....the same in my book,sorry about the wording.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Default SRS and Malfunction Lamp On

AutoZone scanned --small hand-held scanner--with result of P0420 Code, Bank 1 Catalytic Converter. Their scanner does not scan for the SRS system nor could it diagnose the passenger windows issue.

I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then reconnected the battery resulting in the Check Engine light NOT illuminating. However, the SRS light still comes on. Is there a reset procedure for the SRS System?

Any sugestions for the SRS and passenger windows being inop?

Thanks, and Respectfully,

Fugrwe

Old 05-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, there is a re-set for the SRS. As for the windows working/not working we can get into that after.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:52 PM

Will you be kind enough to provide the procedure/steps for the SRS Reset?

After this fix, the same goes for assisting in the passenger windows.

Thanks and Respectfully,

Fugrwe

Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

For the SRS, here is the procedure from the service manual. I'm sure there are vidros on the internet as well.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Accord-SRS and Malfunction Lamp On-6th-gen-srs-reset.jpg  
Old 05-20-2017, 11:12 AM

Thanks, this procedure worked on my first try. Most appreciated.

Do you have a fix/recommendation for the passenger windows not functioning? The driver's side window works.

Thanks, and respectfully,

Fugrwe

Old 05-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

First - don't take this the wrong way - since you have come back to this thread, I'm going to move it to General Tech for more views. Too many times in the "New Member" section you get a "one post and done" type of thing.

It could be something with one of the "multiplex" units. Most likely the driver side - that is a guess, don't replace anything on a guess. I would start with moving to the pass side fuse box and check the fuses there - #12 and #15

Quick Reply: 2000 Accord-SRS and Malfunction Lamp On