Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2001 accord v-tec automatic climate control a/c (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2001-accord-v-tec-automatic-climate-control-c-63511/)

dp45 06-26-2016 09:48 PM

I checked the continuity on the harness first, it was good, rechecked the two 7.5 fuses both good, next I jumped 4 and 5 on the harness, blower motor ran on hi, next I ohmed out both the old and the new transistors at pins 1 and 4. One was 1.495 the other was 1.497 (guess I bought one when I didn't need one, wish I would have talked to you guys before I purchased one) I'm not sure what you mean by HVAC unit. Is it an assembly under the dash or is it the blower motor?

PAhonda 06-26-2016 11:32 PM

HVAC unit is the part of the center dash where you control the a/c and fan speed.

You need to verify the wiring between the HVAC unit and the blower transistor are good and the one wire is not grounded.

If the wiring checks out, then you either had a bad transistor (and an incorrect/broken one from AZ), or the HVAC board is bad or possibly has some cracked solder joints that you could try to resolder if obvious.

If this were my car (living in hot & humid Texas), I'd probably find a you-pull-it junkyard and get the HVAC controls and a blower resistor. Living without a/c in the south sucks (not sure where you live).

dp45 06-27-2016 12:23 AM

Yeah I live in Phoenix AZ. I'll take the HVAC unit apart tomorrow and let you know whats up. Appreciate the help man.

PAhonda 07-01-2016 05:58 PM

I did all the tests on my Daughters car, all but the last one passed. There was no continuity between HVAC Pin 6 to ground. I checked several other points and also rechecked everything a couple of times to make sure. Please let me know my next step. Thanks
The test where there was not continuity to ground was also a passing test.

You are to the point where either the HVAC panel is not working, or the old transistor was bad and the new one is bad/wrong part.

My suggestion is to go to a junkyard and pull a HVAC panel and a power transistor from the same model accord as yours.

Alternatively, you may want to look at the HVAC controls circuit board for signs of burnt components.

dp45 07-07-2016 03:00 AM

I got a HVAC panel from a junkyard and transistor for a 4dr sedan and the fan and the car are still acting the same. Do you have a wiring schematic for this vehicle or do you have any other suggestions that I can try? Thank you.

PAhonda 07-07-2016 09:14 PM

Ok, try rechecking the codes on the climate control.

dp45 07-09-2016 02:48 AM

Still getting an N. I removed transistor from the salvage yard, tried the new transistor that I had purchased new from AZ, still nothing worked. So I took back the new transistor and asked for a new one because that one didn't work. (I remembered that some one had posted that they had purchased a new transistor and it was bad) I replaced it and everything worked properly, so I am not sure if I had a bad climate control board or a bad transistor or both, but my daughters car is fixed and I really appreciate all of the tech help from everybody especially you "PAhonda".

PAhonda 07-09-2016 08:51 AM

Hey thanks for posting the results and you got it fixed.

Not sure if your problem was only the transistor either.