General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord 5 spd LX RF power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Default 2003 Accord 5 spd LX RF power window problem

Hello All,
My right front (passenger) power window stopped working on my 2003 Accord LX 5 speed. Thankfully the window was up when it stopped working. Anyway, I checked the fuse for the window and it's good. When I attempt to actuate the window from the drivers side master control (controls all windows) I hear a click at the passenger side window when I pull up and push down the window switch. Same thing when I actuate the switch for the window at the front passenger switch. The master cutout switch that prevents windows from being opened/closed is not depressed when this happens. I can operate all other windows in the car from the drivers seat and at each window except this one. Not sure what to think of this. No clue what the problem could be and not sure I know how to remove the door panel to get at the window motor, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Click could be motor attempting to move a frozen window (damaged regulator), or could simply be the power window switch in the door panel.

Listen carefully and see if you can hear the motor load up when power window switch commands the motor. If you can hear the motor straining, you know the window regulator is frozen. If no sound at all, the window motor has failed.

You should be able to find a used motor and/or regulator on ebay or car-part.com.

A Honda shop manual would be a good investment to do this job.

good luck

Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

TexasHonda is right, a shop manual will help a lot to take off door panel. A Haynes manual should give enough info as well.

You will need a volt meter or a 12V test light to test electrically. You will have to remove the door panel and unplug only the two pin connector going to the window motor.

Check for voltage going to the motor connector when you try to open/close the window using a the switch. The switch changes polarity to change the direction of the motor so +/- will change depending on if up or down is selected on the switch.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Administrator

You can buy that manual at your local AutoZone or go on line under AllData and get it there for a download..

Welcome to the HAF...