General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Accord EX random clicking noise on driver side

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Default 2004 Accord EX random clicking noise on driver side

Hi,

Upgraded my 96 Accord to a 2004 model 2 weeks ago and I am loving the ride.

2 days ago I went over some speed bumps and all of a sudden this random clicking noise started happening. It seems to be on drivers side only. Hard to tell if its coming from front or rear of car. The strange part is its truly random. Sometimes it's not there at all, sometimes its occurring only when I am stopping, slowing down or when I go over rough roads. Other times I can park the car and hear the noise occurring when the car is off and I am still inside.

The sound sounds like something plastic or maybe a part bending and unbending. Like a pop or a click.

My first assumption is that its something to do with the suspension and the tires, I adjusted tire pressure to 32/30 because when I got the car it was 29 all around. Seemed to help the noise a bit, but it came back in a few days.

My next assumption is it might be the power drivers seat??? Sometime when I shift my weight the noise comes back. Seems unlikely but I am desperate to find out.

It's a minor thing but very annoying, I bought this car hoping to get a few years out of it and this noise is just killing my enjoyment of the car because I keep trying to find reasons for it.

Any advice? Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If it does noise when stopped, the ignition's off and key's out then it's not mechanical.

If shift weight and happens I'd try the seat controls to see if impacts noise.
I don't have electric seats so this is end of my suggestions.

Rather than lose interest in car and park it, you could sell it to me cheap.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Noise when car is stopped and engine off suggests a creaking/popping heat shield. Perhaps the speed bump shifted it just enough to cause the creaking/popping sound as it warms and cools. Suggest inspecting all heat shields closely.

good luck

Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 PM

hey i have the same problem i have a 04 v6 sedan i dont know the exact name of the part but it controls the temp of the ac. try this out turn your ac off and turn the thermostat to low and slowly increase it to past 70 and higher and listen "it shouldnt make any noise while its off or on a low temp". i gurantee you the clicking noise will begin as the heat increases i crawled under the dash and looked to see a lever clicking and pulsing like crazy its located right by the center console but up high like by the radio i am going to honda dealer to get the specific part to see what needs to be done will post back and let you know

Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

This is very likely a problem w/ the blend door motor. It afflicts other Honda/Acura ATC systems. See following link to thread for solution for Acura MDX. It should be similar for yours. Note, the post on 2nd page of thread explaining how to repair the motor by disassembly and clean.

A/C Clicking Noise - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

good luck