General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Accord rear door window replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Default 2004 Accord rear door window replacement

The rear window in my accord blew out recently. Im guessing it had pressure from being off track and when I opened the door the window just blew out in tiny pieces all over. Anyway, I got new glass, got the door all apart and for the life of me, I cannot get the new glass in. Does the rear window track need to come out? the small window also? I cant seem to find anything on this, any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

A rather elaborate scheme is required to remove the rear door glass. Too large to describe here. I would suggest purchasing a shop manual (automanualsource, seller on ebay). You might be able to find something online, check autozone manuals and check youtube videos.

Rear quarter glass, glass run channel, rubber weatherstrip, and steel channel guide all have to be displaced or removed.

https://www.google.com/search?source...window+removal

See second return of above search.

good luck

Last edited by TexasHonda; 10-21-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

The window regulator just needs to be lowered (i.e., lower the power window) to allow the glass to slide down into the door opening and window channel to the regulator. Initially shift the glass forward a little to line up with front channel run (rubber) while lowering the glass down into the door, then attach the bolts which hold the glass to the regulator.

Since you're not replacing the quarter glass, it shouldn't involve removing the channel run (rubber) and center channel (metal).

Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Redbull, I think its more than that. Ive tried to put the glass in with the regulator lowered and with the curve of the glass, there doesnt seem to be a way to get it in the channels.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, looking further at the instructions, it does look like the center channel and quarter glass needs to be removed.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 PM

I just looked at this in my manual, and yes you have to remove some of the run channel (as needed), the rear quarter channel (screw on top, and bolt at the bottom) and quarter glass. The manual states quite a few times, to be careful not to drop the glass inside the door (just repeating).

Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM

Thank you EXV6NIGHTHAWK, that's what I was looking for. I'm down to the rear track and quarter glass, specifically, how are those removed? I got the lower bolt for the track but am lost as to where the top screw is, and how to get the quarter glass out..thanks!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Like this ?

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Accord rear door window replacement-7th-gen-rear-door-glass.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TexasHonda

https://www.google.com/search?source...window+removal

See second return of above search.

good luck
TexasHonda previously gave the relevant info.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Oppps, didn't look at his link.....my bad

Quick Reply: 2004 Accord rear door window replacement