General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 accord ex v-6 rpm and no throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 03:33 AM
Default 2005 accord ex v-6 rpm and no throttle response

Okay so, my accord (has ~260K+ miles) has been giving me this problem for some time now.

When I start it up cold, it'll turn over and start up just fine. After driving for a while (when engine is at operating temps), I turn it off. Go to start it back up, it turns over, but at very low rpms (like it's about to die). Slightly press on the throttle, and no response. Shift it into gear, press the throttle, and still no response.

If if I let it sit for about an hour or so after driving, I can start it back up and drive just fine. It's just within that hour that it does that. I've also experienced it die while at a red light and on the freeway (but that's during rush hour, so it's basically when the car is either at a dead stop or is inching forward).

Ive read around on the forum that it could be the IACV and it needs to be cleaned out. Or it could be dealing with the fuel system.

ECL is on as well and I plan on having it checked before Monday. As soon as I find out what the codes are, I'll post them up.

Any other ideas or thoughts that yall have on this issue or has anyone else experienced this?

Old 04-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'd like to hold off guessing until we know what code(s) are showing up. Please get the code(s) and post the numbers - get the actual numbers and not someones description of the code.