General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Fans not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 07:13 PM
Default 2007 Fans not working

2007 Accord 2.4 ltr. she was in an accident and I repalced the fan assembly.

Just bought her, fans not working, either of them, found a bad condenser fan fuse, replaced it, still not working with key on AC on. Fans are brand new, new assembly. No voltage going to connector. Relay? For the radiator fan,
With the key on, normally if you jumped the temp sensor connector(sensor inside the radiator) the fan should kick on, it doesnt, in fact I have no voltage at the yellow black wire . Huh??? Fuse is good but no voltage at the connector. Saw a schematic somewhere and I thought it said something about a diode that is in series with the wire that goes to the yellow blac positive wire that goes to the temp sensor, anyone???
I dont have a good schematic currently, one is coming.

Anyone?

I would appreciate and help, thank you people, I appreciate you.

Jim

Old 08-17-2022, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Unplug the radiator fan relay. 2 pins should be larger and be made of better metal (maybe copper). These are the load pins. The other 2 pins are smaller and are the control pins.

On the fuse box with the relay removed, one load socket and one control socket should have 12V with the key in the II position. Use a good ground like the - battery post for the black lead on your volt meter. Let us know if a load pin, or control pin, or both have 12V.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:08 PM

Yes , voltage at one of each of the sockets.
Thank you

Old 08-17-2022, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

With the key off, use a piece of insulated wire to jump the two large sockets (load side) on the fuse box. The fan should turn on even with the key off.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:51 PM

Jumped the two load side sockets, nothing.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Your accord doesn't have a diode like older accords.

You have the problem narrowed down to a few possibilities from the wire going from the relay at the fuse box to the fan and then to ground.

Just for completeness, try jumping the radiator fan relay socket with the key in the II position. Do the same for the load side of the a/c condenser fan. When you measured voltage at the fan connector, were you testing on the engine side of the wire harness? If yes, try putting your black volt meter lead on the - battery cable for ground (with the relay jumped).

Old 08-18-2022, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Your accord doesn't have a diode like older accords.

You have the problem narrowed down to a few possibilities from the wire going from the relay at the fuse box to the fan and then to ground.

Just for completeness, try jumping the radiator fan relay socket with the key in the II position. Do the same for the load side of the a/c condenser fan. When you measured voltage at the fan connector, were you testing on the engine side of the wire harness? If yes, try putting your black volt meter lead on the - battery cable for ground (with the relay jumped).

ok, so when I jump the load side for the condenser fan the fan runs, also, with my test light to battery ground, if I probe the ground side control socket the fan starts.

The radiator fan did not run, when jumped it sparked but that’s it and when jumped and probed with test light the light lit up.
thank you

Old 08-18-2022, 09:21 AM

Actually, when key on and I probe the control side , presumably the ground side, of the condenser relay, the RADIATOR fan runs!!

help

Old 08-18-2022, 12:35 PM

Also, I noticed with the radiator relay pulled the blower motor doesn’t run, is this normal?

Old 08-18-2022, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

When you probe the ground side of the control side of the relay socket, is the relay plugged in (or partially plugged in)?

Grounding the control side of the condenser relay also grounds the control side of the radiator relay, so that makes sense.

The blower not working with the radiator relay unplugged doesn't make sense unless the blower controls have some logic programmed to stop the blower motor from running.

Quick Reply: 2007 Fans not working