Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2007 Honda Accord EX (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2007-honda-accord-ex-12468/)

JimBlake 09-17-2007 11:34 AM

RE: 2007 Honda Accord EX

Yeah, that's apossibility& that would probably also result insome oil sprayed onto the underside of the hood. If that turns out to be the noise, the oil should be changed.

SunshineSharlene 09-19-2007 09:16 AM

The noise sounds like it is coming from the area where the fan belt is located (on the left hand side towards the front). It's so much louder when you open the hood! It is so annoying! I hate the thought of something being wrong with my brand new car that I have only had fro a little over a month!

JimBlake 09-19-2007 11:04 AM

I'd go to the dealer since you have a warranty.

It might be something wrong with the belt, slapping as it spins around. Normally a bad belt would be 'normal wear & tear' so not covered. But only a month old(?), I bet they cover it under warranty.

falkore24 09-19-2007 11:36 AM

If the belt is comming apart to the point that rubber is slapping, they should have never sold you the car with it since the belt would have to have been worn past keeping it. Might also indicate a pulley problem which they are also responsible for. Is this a new '07 or used? (The belt should not be bad either way) Did you buy it certified from Honda?

JimBlake 09-19-2007 01:26 PM

If it's a new 2007 they should cover a bad belt within say 10k miles or something like that.

If it's a used 2007 with more miles, the belt is very easy to change so you don't have to go to a dealer for that.

If it's not the belt but rather something else in that area rubbing, slapping, & making noise, it should be covered by warranty.

What ifit's a stray cat that crawled up inthere to take a nap.[:o]

falkore24 09-19-2007 01:29 PM

If it's a bad belt and over 10k, the dealer should have swapped it out before she bought the car ..... they're responsible and most likely wouldn't bat an eye at replacing it free of charge.

deserthonda 09-19-2007 01:40 PM

it does not matter if car was bought new or used ,, if car is less than 3 yrs old and has less than 36k miles , take it to the dealer, it is fully under warranty, they will repair it free of charge

SunshineSharlene 09-19-2007 01:58 PM

So a bad belt makes the sound of a helicopter? I bought it brand new in August. The manufacturer warranty is 3 years bumper to bumper but I got the extended warranty (4 years)so I am covered for 7 years!

falkore24 09-19-2007 02:54 PM

Bad belt = helicopter ...... usually not.

If there's rubber hanging off of it hitting things it will, but usually a bad belt is stretched and cracked on the inside. If you can twist it completely over fairly easily, it's probably bad. If the rubber is shredding apart, definately bad.

JimBlake 09-19-2007 03:34 PM

WARRANTY!

Describing noises over the internet is pretty bogus. Some people will hear a normal engine sound & they'll say it's not smooth. I guess we were trying to rule that out at first.

It's a brand-new car, only one month old. Unless you ran over a curb & damaged something, your dealershould be tripping all over himself to make sure you're happy. One dealer service-guy who can hear the noise firsthand will be far more help to you than we can.