General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Honda Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2007 Honda Accord EX

& they can fix it too!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM

I completely understand what you are saying about trying to describe it over the internet, lol. I know nothing about cars so I figured Iw ould try to get some help from people who do know. I also feel like when I go they are going to tell me that there is nothing wrong or try to get over on me in some way because I am a female[sm=smiley24.gif]. The noise definitely does sound like a helicopter. At first I thought I was going crazy thinking that there were always helicopters flying over my car but then I realized that it was my car making the sound. I didn't run over a curb or anything like that. I've actually been doing my best to avoid potholes and anybumps in the road.And I really don't believe that it is a normal engine sound to sound like a helicopter, the car didn't originally sound like that, it just started like 2 weeks ago. I've even had people listen to it to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid (just because it's my 1st brand new car)thinking something is wrong when it's not. I feel like once the dealer sells a car he doesn't really care about the customer anymore because he has already made his money. So I definitely can't picture them tripping over themselves to make me happy. Although that would be nice...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 PM

SO,,,Sunshine : What was the deal ???[&:]

Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SunshineSharlene

... So I definitely can't picture them tripping over themselves to make me happy. Although that would be nice...
You'd be surprised. Honda USA seems to take the customer-satisfaction surveys VERY seriously. My localdealerseem to be veryafraid of getting bad survey results.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:51 PM

BMW even more so. The service advisors will flip out if they dont get 5/5 on their surveys...apparently it has a direct impact on their pay.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

ORIGINAL: SunshineSharlene

... So I definitely can't picture them tripping over themselves to make me happy. Although that would be nice...
My localdealerseem to be veryafraid of getting bad survey results.
It is not that they are afraid of getting bad survey , Well that too but the big shots ( managers ) ( not icluding the techs) get all sorts of goodies from Hondas if the survey is at a high score,, ( free trips , and all sorts of stuff ) ,, the service manager where i used to work won a trip to hawai from honda ALL PAID FOR .. But still we ( the techs, which made it possible ) did not get a raise ..

Old 10-02-2007, 08:28 AM

I went to Clair Honda on Tuesday evening and I left the car running whileI went in to get mt sales guy Derrell (he's the greatest, he's very nice and he hates to hear me complain so he likes to take care of me, lol). So I made him come outside and listen to the noise and he heard it and told me to drive it into the service department. The helicopter sound was going as I drove it in and this lady went in the car and she heard it too but she said I would have to come back in the a.m. when the service techs were in. But, she said that I am not crazy & she did hear it but the techs would need to hear it and they would do a diagnostics test on it that would take an hour& a half. So I got there at 7a and drove it in and the sercive tech was there and as the lady was explaining the noise to him, he gets in the car & listens to it andhe goes "oh, that's normal, it's the purge valve".So she asked him "even though the sound is louder when you open the hood?" and he said "yes, it's just the purge vavle". That all took less than 5 minutes! My question is, "Is it really normal or are they just saying that"? It wasn't like that in the beginning, it started a few weeks after. So I don't know what to do or believe.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 AM

It's not normal for my 07, 4 banger.. BUT it does only have 5000 miles on it .. When at the dealership you have virtually 20 or 30 cars available exactly like yours to determine what is normal & what is not !!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 AM

So you don't hear that noise at all on your accord? Mine has 1,500 miles on it. If I tell them that it's not normal they will just keep telling me that it is. So what do I do??? Ugh!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Ask them to start up another 2007 Accord with the same engine & show you that it's the same.

The purge valve IS supposed to make a noise like that, but it's not really very loud. I can't hearyours from here, so you'll have to compare against other Accords with the same engine.

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Accord EX