General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Honda Accord Seat Belt Warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:09 PM
DanMan091383
Unregistered
Default 2007 Honda Accord Seat Belt Warning

I just purchased a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder automatic. I am having trouble with my seat belt warning. I have never been the type of person to ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. With this vehicle, it chimes at me for the first TEN MINUTES of driving to let me know I'm not being safe! haha Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys happen to know how to disable this feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: 2007 Honda Accord Seat Belt Warning

Dan, this is going to sound rude but I don't mean it that way. However, chances are most people on this forum who know how to disable that warning/chime won't tell you how to do it if the only reason you want to do it is so you don't have to wear the seat belt. The easiest way to stop it is to buckle your seat belt.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
DanMan091383
Unregistered

Sir Nasty,
What I mean by not ALWAYS wearing my seatbelt, is that very often I will drive my car to the top of my street, never even exceeding 15mph. For such a short trip (about 30 second) I don't usually put it on. I wear my safety belt everyday under normal driving conditions. Thanks for your concern.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For such a short drive, why don't you buckle it and sit on top of the straps?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Dan
It is against the law to disable your seat belt and alarm.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:49 PM

or in the case of such a short trip, turn up your music and completely ignore the warning

Old 09-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: DanMan091383

I just purchased a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder automatic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Dan the man,, the best help that anyone can give you IS NOT to tell you how to disable it.
Sorry buddy, i never say to a member that i will not help him ( her ) but in this case ,, my friend .. Sorry ,,but ,I will not help you
..I much rather you hear the BEAUTIFUL chime ,, than hear that you ended up getting hurt ....
Buckle up my friend ..best advice that i can give you ..

Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
jmseymou
Unregistered

can someone just help us out with how to disable, its not a matter of safety, and i do respect the viable concerns, but please help.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:06 PM

It's a violation of Federal motor vehicle safety standards, and in all 50 states to boot. Telling you how to disable it = major liability if you go out and get yourself killed (highly likely with no seatbelt) or seriously maimed and decide you want someone to sue on behalf of your ignorance.

Anyone telling you how to do this is a fool and a lawbreaker; and worse, I'm sure with even the slightest knowledge of auto electrics you could trace the location of the buzzer yourself and do whatever your heart desires to it. Go ahead and take out the air bag system as well (more likely to injure you if you are not wearing belts.)

On top of that, if someone else was driving your vehicle, they could sue YOU if they got into a wreck and found out you'd made "modifications" to vehicle safety systems.

This is the equivalent of going to a law enforcement forum and asking cops what the best way is to avoid getting pulled over for drunk driving.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Just buckle the damn belt like everyone else does. How lazy can one person get? Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Accord Seat Belt Warning