General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Accord Coupe question need help???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
huskerjock
Unregistered
Default 2008 Accord Coupe question need help???

Hi to all of you Honda lovers. I'm new to this site and as you can tell that this is my first post. I am deciding on getting a new car and my options are the 2008 Toyota Camry SE V6 or the 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6. Well i've been to the Toyota Camry forums to look up somecommon problems found in Camry's and haven't found anything that would change my mind in purchasing one. Well I was driving home and I saw this beautiful car drive by and it had caught my eye so I tried to keep up to it. Well I just noticed that it was a Honda but i didn't know what type of honda it was. So i got on the webpage to find out and it was an Accord Coupe. So i'm decided to get an Accord Coupe but would like to know some common engine problems or any other problems with the car that could be alarming.

I was looking at the Chargerforums.com page and the Chargers are plagued by Transmission leaks within the first 10,000 miles of owning it and the car stalls on the drivers and the tie rods breaking and so forth WTF!!!!! So i just want to purchase the right car that will be reliable and fuel efficient. I own a 2007 Honda VTX 1300C motorcycle and I freakin love the thing.....I like it better than my buddies Harley Street Bob.

Thank you for your time and it would be appreciated if i would get some comments back. Thank You!!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2008 Accord Coupe question need help???

Manual or automatic tranny? Honda makes some of the best, smoothest manual trannies around. The automatics haven't been so bulletproof, but I don't know whether that still applies to 2008.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:24 AM

Get the accord coupe. U will turn more heads than u will with that camry. Personally I think the camry is for old hags (sorry if I offend u) and the accord coupe is for the younger audience.

The 08 accord was rated higher btw. The only thing the camry has that's good is that it's a 6sp auto while the accord is 5sp auto unless u plan on getting a v6 mt then it's 6sp. the camry puts out it's peak hp at lower rpms than the accord but it's slightly noticeable. the accord however, puts out more power but emits less gas or usage. one thing that got me was that the camry had seat heaters but it was on/off ONLY while the accord has a Hi and Lo. just thought it was funny.

Anyway, i'd say accord. if u need more persuading, i can help u. but it's all up to u. the only thing is, this 08 accord is the first year of it's generation, soo....there could be bugs or whatever.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 AM
huskerjock
Unregistered

Well I'm 24 and I'll be turning 25 in July sooooo you are right about the age for picking the right car for me. Both my Sister and my Dad own a Camry with my dads being a 1997 and my sisters having a 2005. I do like the body style of the Accord Coupe and it's got that sporty look to it.

I just don't want Honda lovers telling me to get a Honda because that's the only thing that they get. I was a Dodge lover but it seems like they can't produce a good product. I was pretty disappointed about the Chargers.

Well i appreciate all of your post and for the help. I'm leaning more toward the Accord though because of it's sporty look and the interior is nice. Thanks a bunch.

If you want to check out my motorcycle i have a myspace page which is
www.myspace.com/gobigred4ever

Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 PM

oh don't worry I'm a Honda lover but not as like I like ONLY honda. My favorite cars r also mercedes, a few bmw. But if u had to choose between a Honda and a toyota get the Honda. The only reason I own a Honda is bc I'm 18 and can't afford a mercedes. Trust me, u get that accord coupe maybe black or silver and u will lose ur virginity within a day. That camry will make u a 40 yr virgin *joke*

Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
accordion
Unregistered

so, my mother wanted a camry very badly. I took her to the toyota dealer, we drove the camry. We both weren't that impressed. Didn't seem too much nicer than a friend's camry that is 10 years old. She drove the camry again a few more times.

So I suggested she try the accord. Night and day difference. She really noticed it. So I got her the accord.

She is a lady in her 70s - and she could really tell the difference in quality, handling, etc. I think that says something.

Also - consumer reports has noted that the camry's reliability is slipping.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

my v6 mt is not smooth.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:47 PM

I would go for the accord coupe too ..I want one myself but cant afford yet but they are eye magnets .

Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 PM

No problems with mine, but I have the 4 cyl.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 PM
08v6accord
Unregistered

go for the coupe i just bought one sat v6 coupe 6 speed everybody loves it so do i. i went from a low 12 sec subaru wrx sti to it i miss the speed but the v6 has some ***** and is smooth