General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Accord driver and passenger seats won't go up or down

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 11:06 AM
Default 2008 Accord driver and passenger seats won't go up or down

Hi guys! New to the forums! Gotta say a lot of great info here; I've got an '08 Accord EX-L V6, that I just bought (145K miles). One of the issues I knew going in was that both the driver and passengers front seat's power functions to raise and lower the seats doesn't work. Both seats recline, and move front to back but for some reason won't go up and down. No sounds are produced, no clicking, I can't hear the motor trying to work etc. After some research I did find that the fuse for the driver is the same that drives the sliding back and forth and up/down. However I do think there are 2 separate motors, one for back/forth the other for up/down. Does this essentially mean both my motors for the up/down function for the driver and passenger are bad and need replacement? I like to sit higher up so this is a necessity for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 02-16-2020, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

It could be the motor, wiring, or the switch. You may have to determine which motor is making noise when you try to raise the seat height, then unplug the electrical connector to that seat motor. You would use a test light to verify you have enough current to run that up/down motor.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
It could be the motor, wiring, or the switch. You may have to determine which motor is making noise when you try to raise the seat height, then unplug the electrical connector to that seat motor. You would use a test light to verify you have enough current to run that up/down motor.
awesome thanks for the reply! Do you think both seats being unable to go up/down is related somehow? They both recline and go front to back but curiously both don’t go up and down. Think it could be related? Also I don’t hear any sound at all when I try to raise on both seats