Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2013 Accord FCW (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2013-accord-fcw-51048/)

JimBlake 10-26-2012 09:38 PM

Yeah, I can do without all that stuff, tire pressure monitors, warnings to protect us from ourselves, etc. But if I have to pay for a stupid feature, I WANT IT TO WORK.

Deborah 10-27-2012 09:31 AM

I do not agree with all the features they put in cars now days either, but I paid for this feature and want it to work.

accordfan 10-27-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 300675)
Yeah, I can do without all that stuff, tire pressure monitors, warnings to protect us from ourselves, etc. But if I have to pay for a stupid feature, I WANT IT TO WORK.

I don't blame you one bit. That is not a cheep option...it should do what it is intended to do.

I too would ask the dealer to show me how it works in another car. It might be so new, that not even the dealer knows the scoop on it. Don't let them off the hook until you are satisfied

frankenberg 01-18-2013 09:50 PM

I had the same complaint that Deborah had, and I spent 3 hours at dealer today. Finally, I concluded that the Touring Accord, which has radar for the FCW (rather than a camera), can and does do what she expects. However, the camera-type, used on all Accords below the Touring, does not have the capability that Deborah (and I expect).
In my opinion Honda is misrepresenting the FCW feature, except on the Touring model.

jriorda 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

Deborah, I got 2013 EX-L 6 yesterday-mine doesn't seem to be working properly. Only got one alarm when a car cut me off on the freeway. Lane Departure Warning is great for me-keeps me on my toes.

frankenberg 02-22-2013 11:44 AM

I have had the same experience as Deborah. I took '13 Accord back to dealer, and 'they' said it checks out OK.
I conclude the FCW (that uses a camera) has no practical value. If the car had radar, it could provide useful warning at highway speeds, e.g., could warn of 'following too close' or 'approaching too rapidly' to a vehicle in front.
It appears to me that FCW (with camera) is a "sales gimmick".

ramdaskm 04-01-2013 11:46 AM

Same here. I have the EX-L (non touring) and the FCW is very flaky. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow.

jriorda 04-02-2013 02:30 PM

Interested in what dealer found.

ramdaskm 04-03-2013 08:21 AM

Dealer said he used his calibration equipment and found it to be working 100%.

Since then I found that if both cars are moving in the same direction, then it doesn't go off in "test" mode. If a car is stopped at a traffic light or front car is braking and you are approaching it, that's when it most often warns. I mentioned "test" mode because fuzzy factors such as slight drop in speed or slight pressure on the brakes will affect whether it beeps or not. So its difficult to test it.