Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2013 EX L "BATT" Warning Light Back on After Battery Replacement (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2013-ex-l-batt-warning-light-back-after-battery-replacement-65632/)

PhillyAccord 04-01-2018 09:13 AM

2013 EX L "BATT" Warning Light Back on After Battery Replacement

Greetings. I recently purchased my 2013 EX L with about 55k miles on it. The "BATT" Warning Light came on . I replaced the battery (at pep Boys) and everything's ok. Two weeks later, the "BATT" is back on.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be appreciated.

PAhonda 04-01-2018 10:34 AM

Use a volt meter to test the battery voltage across the battery posts with the engine off. Then turn on the headlights and measure the voltage, still with the engine not running. Finally, test the battery voltage with the engine running. Let us know the 3 measurements.

redbull-1 04-01-2018 11:56 AM

Test the battery like PAhonda recommended. If the battery is okay, then check to see if under-hood Fuse No. A5 (10A) is okay.

rockhoundrob 04-02-2018 10:34 AM

I thought anytime the "battery light" is on, the problem is actually the alternator.

Take it to a auto parts store and they should check your battery and alternator for free.

redbull-1 04-02-2018 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by rockhoundrob (Post 379905)
I thought anytime the "battery light" is on, the problem is actually the alternator.

Take it to a auto parts store and they should check your battery and alternator for free.

Later generation Hondas have battery sensors.

PhillyAccord 04-19-2018 06:23 PM

Update

Originally Posted by PhillyAccord (Post 379893)
Greetings. I recently purchased my 2013 EX L with about 55k miles on it. The "BATT" Warning Light came on . I replaced the battery (at pep Boys) and everything's ok. Two weeks later, the "BATT" is back on.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Embarrassingly enough, it seems that the "BATT" light signals a low key fob battery. Replacing the key fob battery fixed the problem. Thanks all for your assistance.

The Toecutter 04-20-2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by PhillyAccord (Post 380154)
Embarrassingly enough, it seems that the "BATT" light signals a low key fob battery. Replacing the key fob battery fixed the problem. Thanks all for your assistance.

Well, that's a great reminder. You just have to remember that when it happens again.;)

tferstl 11-19-2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter (Post 380158)
Well, that's a great reminder. You just have to remember that when it happens again.;)

what's a key fob?

PAhonda 11-19-2018 05:35 PM

The remote to lock/unlock your doors.