General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Honda Accord manual still not showing

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Default 2013 Honda Accord manual still not showing

What is going on with Honda?

It has been more than a year since the release of the Honda Accord 2013 model and still no service/repair manual is available.

I'm not talking about two or three sporadic "downloads" of two or three service repairs, but of a manual having the information of a complete service repair for this model and year.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

I moved your thread from the DIY section to the General Tech Help section. Please do not post help questions in the DIY section.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Per American Honda's call response to a letter I wrote 2013 and newer Honda cars will not have service manuals available via Helminc.com. They have started to use a service based online access service geared for mechanics and not owners for $10 a day, $50 for 30 days and $350 for 1 year for all 1990-2014 Honda and Acura products. The web site is https://techinfo.honda.com. I will never buy another car again without an available print or DVD factory service manual again. I am furious with Honda's decision to keep me in the dark and their dealers in business servicing their products.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2013LXCVT
Per American Honda's call response to a letter I wrote 2013 and newer Honda cars will not have service manuals available via Helminc.com. They have started to use a service based online access service geared for mechanics and not owners for $10 a day, $50 for 30 days and $350 for 1 year for all 1990-2014 Honda and Acura products. The web site is https://techinfo.honda.com. I will never buy another car again without an available print or DVD factory service manual again. I am furious with Honda's decision to keep me in the dark and their dealers in business servicing their products.
Be prepared to be disappointed; within a few years, ALL manufacturers will be eliminating print manuals in favor of on line services.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You will have to rely on aftermarket guides and extrapolation from earlier manuals.

I predict the manuals will show up on ebay in not too distant future.

good luck

Old 01-29-2014, 08:58 AM

This 2013 Honda Accord is the last one I bought, next one will be Nissan or Toyota. Actually, we need two new cars here at home, so other companies will enjoy our money.

Before buying the new cars, we will ask if the service manual will be available for car owners. If -as an example- Ford and Hyundai are the only ones providing serrvice manuals, then our next vehicles will be Ford or Hyundai.

If I can't repair my own car, then I don't want it at all.

I will wait for after market books to come out to repair and customize this Accord, I don't care about priracy or similar, I own this car and I will put my hands on it at my will.

So far, if asked, I won't recommend Honda at all.

Bye bye Honda.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Another good reason to buy a used car?

good luck

Old 01-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

I've been having a difficult time wrapping my brain around this entire thread.

Comments like this:

Originally Posted by darkseat
If I can't repair my own car, then I don't want it at all.
Seriously? What part of not having a factory service manual means you cannot repair your own car? I've been wrenching on my own cars for over 40 years now and have yet to own even a single factory repair manual.

I will wait for after market books to come out to repair and customize this Accord, I don't care about priracy or similar, I own this car and I will put my hands on it at my will.
Customize? How is a factory service manual going to help you "customize" your car; something which, by definition, will not be shown in a factory service manual?

So far, if asked, I won't recommend Honda at all.

Bye bye Honda.
Kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Like it or don't, believe it or not, printed and bound factory service manuals are very soon going to be a thing of the past.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
I've been having a difficult time wrapping my brain around this entire thread.

Comments like this:

Seriously? What part of not having a factory service manual means you cannot repair your own car? I've been wrenching on my own cars for over 40 years now and have yet to own even a single factory repair manual.
That it's you, but I use the service manual to do it right the first time, and not so be guessing here and there...

Customize? How is a factory service manual going to help you "customize" your car; something which, by definition, will not be shown in a factory service manual?
I don't like the Honda fog lights, I want to install a special made ones, and want to check fuse spaces available and ways to run the wires using the existing hole paths. I want to add new reading lights for the back seats without compromising the air bags and their wiring. Looking at the assumed service manual, I can have not only the drawing but the correct procedure to pull parts and their installation. I want to replace belts, spark plugs, if needed also timming belt, flushing fluids, trace any electrical problem, etc... it is my car, right? (Paid in full already)

Kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Like it or don't, believe it or not, printed and bound factory service manuals are very soon going to be a thing of the past.
Well, when that day comes then that day I will concede, but until one car brand keeps allowing the printing, DVD or online access to car owners for the car service manual, that is the brand car I will buy.

By now, bye bye Honda, and I won't recommend it at all. If someone asks about the car I own, I will say, not happy, piece of crap, and whatever I feel at that moment... because such is what I really feel about it right now.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM

This is bad news. I used the service manual to change the timing belt, adjust the valves, change parts, and do troubleshooting. Will there still be Haynes/Chilton manuals printed for guys like us? The owner's manuals have less and less information, and I like to have all the information I can get, with tightening sequences and torque specs. I hate to assume anything and just take things apart hoping I'm doing it right. I hope I can make the 03 last many more years, knowing I'll be in the dark, with a new car.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord manual still not showing