General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What could be wrong with my 2006 Honda Accord V6 3.0 not wanting to crank over
Wiring harness issues ?
0%
Ecu PCM issue ?
0%
Transmission issue ?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

3.2 Jdm transmission install No Crank! (PLEASE HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 04:31 PM
Default 3.2 Jdm transmission install No Crank! (PLEASE HELP)

3.2 jdm transmission install tiny crank first time key was insterted but didn’t start
tried again and didn’t get a crank at all
changed starter and still not start
checked all fuses and relays all seem to get 12.6/12.9
not sure why car won’t crank and start
has gas about 2 gallons or more and all wires are connected correctly
checked over everything at least 10/20 times now please help

Old 09-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure of the cause based on your description.

When you turn the key to start the car, does the starter motor spin the engine, but the engine won't run on its own (when you normally release the key)? Or does the starter not spin the engine?

Old 09-07-2022, 07:41 PM
Default Not anything

I hear the click on the inside but start doesn’t engage
car fans don’t come on only inside power and power to headlights an all electrical just not getting anything from outside to engine and trans end

Old 09-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to test your grounds. I'd probably use a 12V test light hooked to battery +, then touch the engine block, transmission, the ends of the black negative battery cable, etc to see if that is the electrical issue.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:09 PM

Never had a engine ground wire
but after the trans swap could that be the issue ? One tiny engine ground wire ? The wire that goes from side mount the car frame ?

Old 09-07-2022, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

The engine/transmission is isolated electrically from the frame, since it is mounted through rubber bushings. The test light will give you some definitive information if ground is missing. You can use a jumper cable from your battery negative to any bolt on transmission to get a good temporary ground.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:38 AM

I don’t understand

Old 09-08-2022, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
The engine/transmission is isolated electrically from the frame, since it is mounted through rubber bushings. The test light will give you some definitive information if ground is missing. You can use a jumper cable from your battery negative to any bolt on transmission to get a good temporary ground.

i don’t understand please try to describe it better for me to understand
In there other words I’m a moron and don’t get what you’re saying

Old 09-08-2022, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Electricity flows from the + battery terminal through the fuses, then components (like headlight bulb, starter, etc), then returns to the - battery post. The starter doesn't have a wire leading back to the - battery post. The starter's ground path is the physical connection to the engine block. Then the engine block/transmission is connected to the - battery post through a grounding cable to the frame, because the engine mounts are essentially rubber bushings isolating the engine from electrically touching the metal sub-frame.

If your engine isn't grounded, then electricity will not flow and electrical components will not work.

So, you can take a jumper cable for jump starting a battery and only use one half of the jumper wires. Hook one end to the - battery post. Hook the other end to a bolt on the bell housing of the transmission or the exhaust manifold. You are temporarily providing a ground path from the starter to the - battery terminal.

A 12V test light you can pick up from most parts stores or big box stores is the same kind of test. You hook the test light clamp on the + battery post, then touch the metal tip to the engine block. If the light turns on bright, then electricity can flow from the + battery post to the - battery post through the engine block. You can do the same thing for the frame of the vehicle. Just make sure you are touching bare metal and not painted metal.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Default 2006 Honda Accord 3.0 with 2006 3.2 Acura TL Transmission

LAST NIGHT I GOT BORED AND TRIED TO DISCONNECT MY IGNITION SWTICH AND PLUG IT BACK IN BUT NEVER SCREWED THE 2 SCREWS BACK IN ! HELD IT IN PLACE AND TRIED TO START IT WITH SAME NO START OR CRANK ISSUE GAVE UP AND WENT BACK TO BED

woke up and couldn’t stop thinking about how to get it started but in no way was going to continue my effort, just on stripping down the inside of the vehicle removing minor things nothing electrical at all !

BUT 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

She started for the first time today at 12:56 pm EST
And then wouldn’t start at 3:40 pm EST

Here’s what i did today !
1. Unlocked the car popped the trunk but meant to pop the hood
2. opened hood (don’t have good supports so i used my metal hoist bar full metal no rubber end for grip)
3. Attached battery charger to be sure battery is fully charged when i do try and start it
4. begin the process of removing entire interior and empty out trunk from tools and parts and anything acquired during whole process from engine/trans removal to install of the jdm
5. by entire interior i removed the seats just the driver sparco and back seats and center consoled without removing gear box and e brake (still fully intact and great condition) removed carpet entirely so car is bare with just the car metal and installation to see
6. remove air ducts on driver/passenger sides that get air under the seat to rear
7. clean debris and dirt/rubble
8. check car battery charger (battery is fully charged)
9. reconnect battery negative and positive cables
10. Attempt to start vehicle (while tapping on ignition switch) she starts i turned the vehicle off in disbelief and tried again she started up again !
11. i let the vehicle run and run check all fluid levels even waited for the fans to come on !
12. everything came back great
13. i shift all the gears and felt each one engage !
14. I put the car in drive she drove !
15. I put the car in reverse she reversed !
16. there was nothing wrong she was running lovely! Even perfect rpm’s and hot cold level was great !
17. 30-40 mins she’s been running great no issues
18. i cut her off again and turned it back on to be sure i wasn’t dreaming ! Put her in neutral and gave her a few revs after she’s been running great for almost a hour !
19. let her chill for about another 5mins cut her off !
20. began my original process of just stripping the inside of the car and cleaning up what was a mess i threw out the old carpet grabbed a nice sized storage bin and just chucked what i knew I’d need later on, tools and all in the one bin put the car mats all on the passenger side along with the center console and bin of what ever crap and tools i had laying in the car put the rear seat back in and put the bigger tools on there i couldn’t fit in the bin and then put in my sparco seat but didn’t bolt it down, closed the hood and put the bar back by my seat
21. Sat in my driver seat and tried to start the vehicle again and BOOM NO CRANK AGAIN 🤔
back to square one
PLEASE HELP ! IF YOUVE READ THIS FAR I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ! I TRIED TO BE AS DESCRIPTIVE HAS POSSIBLE SO I HOPE IT HELPS !

Last edited by RebuiltJv6; 09-09-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 3.2 Jdm transmission install No Crank! (PLEASE HELP)