General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th gen accord/Annoying squeak sound/front passenger side.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 5th gen accord/Annoying squeak sound/front passenger side.

I have the most annoying squeak sound anytime I turn my steering wheel, or even sit on the fender on the passenger side, it sounds like its coming from the brakes area. I tried wd 40 all over, and I had my pads replaced, and the guy lubed something up underneath where he thought the noise might be coming from, but still just as bad. Any thoughts?

Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

I've read there are some videos on how to find a noise. Try searching the net for some of those.

Without seeing/hearing it all I can do is throw out possible sources. You would still have to find it....sorry.

Me. If you can get the noise by sitting on or pushing down on the fender.....with the help of a friend. Be careful here, as they sit/push on the fender put your hand (this is the safety warning) on the different components to see if you can feel it. Upper control arm, lower arm, sway bar, ect. At least then you will have it narrowed down...for example, if it is in the sway bar, then it could be the end links OR the sway bar to frame bushing.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 AM

I, too, have that creeky squeeky sounds comming from the passnger side front... Iv removed the fender, door , front bumber and body work and the radiator so it is much easier to view what is going on...

You may not want to go to that extreme....LOL

There are a LOT of rubber mounted moveing parts. Even with a clear view its still tuff to see where the noise is comming from..

I plan on squirting some sort of rubber lube on one item at a time untill the noise goes away..

I just dont know what the best lube to use.... yet.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, that noise must really get to you....If you are just trying to find it, almost any spary lube will do. Now once you find the source I would silicone grease.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Even soapy water will make a rubber bushing quiet - for just long enough to decide whether that's the source of the noise.