General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 EX Temperature Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
jco
Default 90 EX Temperature Gauge

can someone help me I have Honda accord EX90 and just replace all 3 cooling sensor and i"ve notices that the gauge level reaches to high more then the usual and both fans turn on when the higher level it to hot and not in the middle were it should be. if am not wrong the fan on the passenger side it should be the only one that turns on. please someone can answer my question of this problem that I have.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Both fans should turn on when the engine is running.

When the engine is cold, start the car and turn on the a/c. Do both fans turn on? When this is happening, can you get the driver's side fan to turn on by tapping on the motor with the handle of a screw driver?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 AM
jco

but i say with out my a?c on is okay both fan turn on and why my temperature go so high than normal and both fan turn when is more than 190%

Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM
jco

thanks for ur help bro

Old 08-30-2012, 01:10 AM

Ok im sorry but i must disagree with PA!
when the engine reaches normal operating temp the fan on the right(passenger) is the only 1 that should turn on?NOW if you have the AC on then both should be on?
The fan on the left (driver side) is only supposed to turn on when you turn on the AC and the fan on the right is your engine cooling fan, are we on the same page so far?
Now to answer the high temp? Its all good you changed those sensors but im going to ask you a stupid question...did you change out the thermostat?if not that very well could be why its getting alil hot?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 AM
jco
Thumbs up

yeap i change the termostad it culd be one of the sensor?because both fan turn way pass half of thetemp mean more than 190%and my A/C is off

Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM

Ok let me get this straight? Let me ask you a few ?'s
With A/c off both fans are on?And how long after you warm up your car does the fans or fan kick on? And do they stay on constantly?
Do the fans turn on as soon as you start the car?
And can i ask you why you changed out those 3 sensors? And before you changed those sensors did the car run the same as it is now?
I'm not tryn to be or sound like a wise guy I'm just tryn to eliminate other causes, Process of elimination is how i like to refer it as! makes me sound smart!lol
Well partner if you could answer my ?'s we will come up with a solution to your problem
keep me posted

Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
jco

hey my 1st honda 93 thanks for ur help today i change d 3 sensor again i went to the autopart and the problem turn worst because after i changed i turn d car after while the gauge went allways hot to the max and the fan nerver turn on can u tell mw what is the problem that the only car i have and i use to work
thanks in advance

Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM
jco

That the other problem i have after half hour running myy car the check engine ligth turn on and stay on untili turn car off when i turn on back the ligth turn off i cound the ligth led on my ecu and the ligth show long blinking like i count like 20 blinking all the same also i do the wire jump is the same long blinking i thinks is a code 1 and the other problem is some time when i ride the car choke like if he no has gas but when i press the pedal againg the car run normal. Plesae some can help me with this problem Thanks in advance:

Old 08-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

my1sthonda, you are flat out wrong.

Both fans turn on when the a/c is turned on or the temperature switch A closes (when engine is running at all temps).

The only time the passenger side fan will run by itself is when the engine is turned off and temperature switch B closes.

Quick Reply: 90 EX Temperature Gauge