General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

91 Accord EX abs light

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:09 PM
swchan00
Unregistered
Default 91 Accord EX abs light

I have a 1991 Honda Accord EX that has the ABS light come one after driving a few feet and pressing the brakes. It constantly stays on until I turn off the engine and restart again. But will reappear after I start moving. I did some research and found out I can get the code to appear by shorting out the service plug on the passenger side by the kickboard. I did that and the ABS light blinked 3 times at the same interval and stopped. Does anyone know what this code means? Thanks

Old 06-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 91 Accord EX abs light

ORIGINAL: swchan00

I have a 1991 Honda Accord EX that has the ABS light come one after driving a few feet and pressing the brakes. It constantly stays on until I turn off the engine and restart again. But will reappear after I start moving. I did some research and found out I can get the code to appear by shorting out the service plug on the passenger side by the kickboard. I did that and the ABS light blinked 3 times at the same interval and stopped. Does anyone know what this code means? Thanks

Hello,, Sw......First off .. Welcome to HAF.........

on the ABS subject , tehre is NOT a code 3 .........there is a code 3-1,frt rt pulser 3-2 , frt left pulser 3-4 rear pulsers ..

the pulser is the toothed ring that is around the axle .. is a tooth gets chipped or the gap is too wide between pulser and sensor it will kick the abs code ..
But again there is no code 3 ........you might have to take another look at the code ,, and see if there is a sub code

3 blinks , slight pause 1 blink ... and it repeats itself
3 blinks , slight pause 2 blinks ... etc etc

read the blinks at least -3 times to make sure you get the right code and there is only 1 code stored ..

Old 06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
swchan00
Unregistered

Thanks desrthonda,
I checked the light again and all it did was flash 3 time at the same interval after I placed the jumper on the service plug then nothing else and the light doesn't blink anymore after that. So I don't know what that means. Any ideas?

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: swchan00

Hello,, Sw......First off .. Welcome to HAF.........

on the ABS subject , tehre is NOT a code 3 .........there is a code 3-1,frt rt pulser 3-2 , frt left pulser 3-4 rear pulsers ..

the pulser is the toothed ring that is around the axle .. is a tooth gets chipped or the gap is too wide between pulser and sensor it will kick the abs code ..
But again there is no code 3 ........you might have to take another look at the code ,, and see if there is a sub code

3 blinks , slight pause 1 blink ... and it repeats itself
3 blinks , slight pause 2 blinks ... etc etc

read the blinks at least -3 times to make sure you get the right code and there is only 1 code stored ..

Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM

From what I read on this other post it appears to be a rear speed sensor... You can test it with an ohm meter. Follow the link below and read what they did to fix it.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthrea...hybrid&t=43452