General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 ACCORD LX 5SPD [2ND GEAR POPS OUT]

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Default RE: 91 ACCORD LX 5SPD [2ND GEAR POPS OUT]

well yeah.. i tell myself that all the time.. lol.in a bad way..

but its hard not to go fast when you have alot of horsepower under your belt or at the touch of a pedal..

its hard to explain.. like in my civic i drive fast but dont race.. its not a drag car..

but this accord has a bad *** engine inside.. and it pulls hard.. and sounds and feels so freaking good..
gives me a stiffy..lol..

well hey man.. ive been in the import thing for over 10 yrs...

and ive had my accord for maybe 4 or 5 yrs now.. and its a keeper.. but yeah.. i will most likely sell it soon.. maybe this year.. once completed.. paint.. interior.. engine nicknacks.. its about a 15 second car cuz of the weight.. but a killer on the streets.. i havnt heard another import or honda sound like mine.. mean man.. almost sounds like a v8 muscle car of something.. just mean.. lol.. anyone in cali..can hook with me at the track on friday.. in lancaster..

but i will stop racing soon..maybe today..

Old 01-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Have you ever dyno'd the car? I'm curious about what it has for HP, if it's really that high then it's a wonder your transmission didn't go out sooner.... I'm amazed that you could beat a Z06, that driver must have had no idea what they were doing... I mean that car runs a 6.2lb/hp weight to HP ratio... and the 91 accord stock 2 door has a curb weight alone of 2738 so you're going need to be around 440 HP to keep up with that car... This is of course assuming that the drivers are equal.....

Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM

yeah.. maybe should.. i believe im at around 200 hp.. cuz the euro type r.. has over 200 hp. i think it has 245 or something like that.. but thats with the proper head..

anywayz.. ur right about blowing out my tranie.. cuz.. the min. i got the engine.block.. i knew i had to change the trannie.. to a prelude one. but low funds and i was told to wait and enjoy the close ratio 1st and 2nd gears plus the street killin long 3rd.. gear.. by the time i hit 4th my ecu shuts my engine down.. too much speed..

the block i have was made for free way running.. europe.. so it goes well with the trannie..but im hav those probs now.. lol.. hey man your preetty cool u seem to know your stuff.. lol...

its the same block as the s2000.. it sounds nice.. with the header stright pipe.. i have almost 30 tickets now.. no joke.. i put that on my honda..lol.. for reals.. half are speed related other are noise. mods..

well.. hey dude what do you drive..

im trying to find a cheap used s2000 head to throw on there and see if one of those skunk manifolds.. for the h22 fits..

i have alot of options but like many know.. f20 blocks are the most expensive and same goes to the modifications.. its the most expensive way to go.. i really dont recomend it. lol.. h22 is almost the same and alot cheaper..lol.

dude it runs nice.. the only thing that has burned me .. and really burned me.. was a 2nd gen. eclipse turbo mad supped.. and a supercharged g35... so fat that is.. and ive been racing this car.. on track and off. for about 2 years..now..

Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM

also.. the us. cars.. are made more tourqueie.. they make the gears more for tourque.. to move those damm tanks they put nice engines in.. lol..

as for the imports are made to get up and go.. gears with more acceleration.. thats where the macth up is..

cuz when i run. .a v8 usa car.. first and second are about the same.. but third gear.. on usa cars run short.. they have to shift early as for the hondas or most 1.8+ stick shift.. they keep pinging.. u know the world know redline that hondas have.. sh i t.. goes right up to the 8rpm mark.. before the ecu blocks it.. but i know it can go more.. and usa cars redline at what 5.5 6 u know they dont pass 7 without major work or else byebye engine..lol.. thats where the macth up is..

belive me man.... its not in the weight.. to power.. cuz.. il tell u .. ill looseee.. hard.. off the green light its hard for me.i have to run perfect.. to hang.. and later on cacth up and pass or run even with those damm monsters.. but on a rolling start.. ill kill them.. destroy.. nasty styles.. wish i could of doing a rolling start with that zo6.. lol.. [but i think he might of had his tc.. on.. cuz his car would peel out.. it would get loud then quite.. and loud again and then shift.. and do the smae all over.. but we should of gone.. i might of lost but i would felt alot better even if i lost or won..

but all is in fun.. and i enjoy crusing..

lov my accord and will drop burners when nesscary..

Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM

That whole K20 block setup is just funky to me... Isn't that an inverted (transverse (don't recall terminology)) setup like you'd see in a rear wheel drive car? The whole tranny mating thing is just weird to me I had no idea that a prelude tranny would fit that weird mounted block....

Why don't you just get the S2000 Vtec head for the motor?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM

new they are over 5thousand ..

used half.. the chepest ive found..

yeah the k20 ****..is not that great..

thats more designed for stop and go driving..

but hey i read in the hanyes book that when gears dont wanna stay in when you let out the clucth that it is the engine mounts.. or loose presure plate bolts .. so.. i think im going to go with the mounts then.. a clucth kit.. i got the hook up anywayz on the clucthes.. i can get any stage fully complete kit.. presure plate clucth bearing... etc.. for like 200 bucks..give or take.some..

well now i know.. and its pretty safe to say that gear grinding when clucthed released means.. loose mounts..

s200 head is what i want to do.. ill probably be the first ..with an accord to do so.. im probably the first with the block as is..

but im concerned about the intake manifold hook up... maybe a skunks works manifold for a h22 might fit.. but thats another topic..lol...

thats for the helps.. if anything else pops up during this fix.. ill let all know..

stay lovin my accord..and stay dropin burners.. lol.. one luv..H

Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 PM

even with a rolling start dude I would still place $$ on the ZO6 waxing your *** man, that car stock out of the factory is made to outrun and outperform the new ferrari F40. youd have to put some SERIOUS turbo/NOS on an accord for it to even come close to beating that or any other american made muscle car, say like the new Shelby Mustang Cobra, or any of the new Daimler/Chrysler Hemi's. Just my opinion.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 AM

hey man numbers are numbers.. i wont ever deny them

but if your a honda person.. u know what four bangers can do and what they are possible of..

cars run and act different on the roads.. im not doubting that the z06 would of beat me it probably would of .. but im just saying jsut cuz you pass me up a little doesnt mean you got to let up.. thats what im saying.. and yes from a green light all out.. on the street i will most likly get my *** burned.but for 1000 or 2 dollar car.. you cant ask more of it..

hey im giving those guys a run for there money. as so said..

**** on a rolling start im not scared of any car... at any speed.. red green light is where the trouble lies for heavy four bangers.. **** i dusted on a ford lighting after he took me from the light.. i caught up.. we even out at about 50 with my **** ready to hit third .. and i dusted on him... dont tell me youve never made people turn off the street your on.. or are the one that is usally turning.. lol.

anywyz.. it was mostlikey the traction control system on that ride.. it was on..i could tell.. but still it was fun..

so what where you at and what do you drive.. cuz we can go at it. if you like give a hell what you drive..

**** i raced plenty of fast or slow mos.. and even found a few sleepers.. and still redline to hell on them..

lov my honda and lov to burn

Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 AM

ps.. **** i remeber back in the days.. any true honda fan will know this is possible and true..

we went to the first import racing at the lscr at lancaster.. i think it was 97 .not to sure..
but superstreet was there.. they also were there for the second..one..

anywyz.. we had an 95 integra,,, all stock all basic up grades..
we ported and polished the head and intake manifold.. plus some upgraded ingition and fuel system.. all basic but high quality upgrades.. the car was mean.. and fast.. nothing ever beat it.. not even the turbo eclispes.. anyways.. we wanted to represent our crew back in the days.. you remember the racing crews..lol.. anywayz. so we chiped the hell out of it.. and sent the car up there..

now non turbo non sc.. non nos.. first run.. all engine.. 1.8 dohc vtec..
he ran a mid 11 sec. .. now which one of those super american cars.. run 11..sec.. huh.. there jiggly..

it was the fastest all engine four banger[integra] in the world even if it was for a day or till the next showing. it did.. and we got mad props. and sponsers.. second time .. we couldnt break the 11 sec.. mark.. but we were 12.s.. and that was when everyone started seeing the 13 12 11 10 and even 9 second turbo four bangers in america.. at that second meetting.. or event and on ward..

see lol.. if you know you flow.. if you dont you get jacked for your flows..
so like i said ..where you live and what you drive..

lov my accord lov to drop burners..
do youlove urs.. do you lov to drop burners..

on lov H

Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM

well Im in south carolina so we dont have a lot of Import fans around these here parts LOL. as my daily driver I drive a 92 accord LX, i dont race or anything so Im not a skilled person to go head to head.

Quick Reply: 91 ACCORD LX 5SPD [2ND GEAR POPS OUT]