General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 accord-water in trunk again

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Default 92 accord-water in trunk again

well, months ago I put all new tail light seals on my car from honda and no more water in the lights. Yesterday it poured down rain for hours and a bad storm came through. Today I noticed that the inside of the back window was steamed up, so to speak. I checked the interior carpets and under dash and all dry. I opened trunk and the carpet and sides of trunk area were bone dry. I then folded up the carpet/cardboard cover over the spare tire and where the tire goes, it was also bone dry. Then I saw over to the left on the higher part there was a small tiny puddle of water. Now with everything being dry around lights, carpet, spare tire...does anyone have a clue where the hell this could be coming from? It just doesnt make sense. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Antenna motor probably has a drain tube. Is that out-of-position?

Got a sunroof? Drain tubes in each corner - check the one for that corner.

There's an air-ventilation-outlet in the fender. On the outside it's covered up by where the bumper wraps around. What about that?

How about corrosion through the channel around the trunk-opening weatherstripping? Look for evidence it drips from there.

Got one of those trunk-top luggage racks? Look for corrosion at the mounting points.