General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 honda accord idol problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
cassano1029
Unregistered
Default 92 honda accord idol problems

Ok my son bought a 92 honda accord 2.2 litre 4 door loaded bueatiful shape all interior and exterior.But 3000 000 k.
Well mechanically not look after very well it ran well at first than when it started to get cold hear like -20 (I'M IN CANADA)or so it wouldn't start for nothing being a teenager he is he flooded it many times finally i thought lets get a oil change and he did went on his own and also got it flushed . well i decided to check his plugs and i never seen anything like myself the center of all the plugs were gone like nothing there no were to ark at all but this thing ran unbelievable well i replace the boch platnum plugs with another brad well ran good for about a week.Well no his wires are arcing and it is running rough so we replace the wires and cape and rotor well nothing happens runs rough and burns more oil than gas this car is really getting to me i can't figure why it won't run smooth for nothing it stalls out it just doesn't want to idol i just idols to a stall out .
I no that something with 300 000 k need tlc well this car only seen it on the interior and body no mechanical except the K and N houseing and air cleaner i just can't giet to run at all it just misses and stalla out even when i hold at about 2500 rpm s it misses goes smooth than misses runs like reall bad can someone HELP US OUT HERE PLEASE

Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Default RE: 92 honda accord idol problems

with 300k on it, make sure that the timing belt and water pump have been changed, make sure the fuel filter isnt clogged, have your head gasket checked, because that does sound remotely like a bad head gasket. chage the distruibutor cap and rotor button, check ignitor, and also the fuel pump might be seizing due to the cold temps. run some fuel system cleaner through it. try all that then see if it is still misfiring.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 PM
cassano1029
Unregistered

Hello well the fuel filter i changed today and the way the fuel came out of the fuel line it is not froozen not i have ran gas line anti freeze though it also injector cleaner the plugs and wires rotor and distruibutor cap has all been changed just today and it still is missing doesn't want to have a smooth idol i have ben just wondering if a valve or somthing is sticking would that cause it to run rough

Old 12-09-2006, 11:49 PM
cassano1029
Unregistered

it is blowing alot of blue in the the last week or so

Old 12-09-2006, 11:52 PM

if its blowing blue smoke then that is your head gasket is blown, its allowing anitfreeze to leak into the cylinders and the ignition is getting fouled. hate to say it but that car doesnt have long to run, unless a mechanic can perform a miracle.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:58 PM
cassano1029
Unregistered

So i guess what ur saying is that there is no hope for it .
Time to get a rebiult one or rebiuld this one or can the head gasget be replaced or thats no worth it

Old 12-10-2006, 12:21 AM

8 times out of 10 when it starts spewing blue smoke that means the Head gasket is totally blown and yeah the engine is screwed. the head gasket can be replaced but you have to dismantle the top half of the engine to get to it and you'll have to inspect the rest of the motor to make sure there isnt any more damage.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:28 AM
cassano1029
Unregistered

Well i guess that would mean replace it now can a bigger motor be put into it or the same size 2.2

Old 12-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

a couple of things before you spend money on an engine..

first off,, blue smoke is not a blown headgasket,, it is burning oil,,,,,,,,,,,it could be the valve seals or it could be worn rings.
white smoke is a blown head gasket ,,black smoke car is running too rich ..

as for the engine missing you need to diagnose properly what is causing it,,,,,,,,,if it is burning oil and fouling the plug ( s ) car will run rough or not run at all

what plugs did you use ?? NGK ZFR5F-11 are used in your year car
you need to find out if it is missing on a single cylinder or across the board

chk to make sure all injectors are firing properly
do a compression test
when you replaced the plugs was there any sign of oil or coolant in the plug ( electrode part ) ??

Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
cassano1029
Unregistered

there was no sign og antifreeze or oil on the plugs on the old ones and i just checked the plugs this morning and they seem to free of oil and antifreeze a little black not to bad but they are ok I don't remember what the brand name of the plugs are but i do no that when went to get them he specified his car and engine i thing he paid like 40 or 50 bucks i am thinking he also showed them his old ones they have never seen that before if he finds them i will take a pic and post it

Quick Reply: 92 honda accord idol problems