General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92Prelude-92Accord Similarities

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
evanp
Unregistered
Default 92Prelude-92Accord Similarities

Ok here is the deal...I have a 92 Honda Prelude SR and will be purchasing a 92 Honda Accord Coupe EX-R in the near future.The prelude used to be a mildly modified street car but I have since stopped driving it and plan on using the chassis for a long termproject which leaves with a whole bunch of great parts I wish to put to use on the accord. Now I have heard that the 92-95 prelude and 90-93 accord share quite a bit in common and was wondering exactly what that was. I plan on using the drivetrain from the prelude for the accord and that should be no problem. I would also like to use some of the suspension parts from the prelude and was wondering exactly what is interchangeable between the two. CanI use the spring/damper/top plate assembly? What about the sway bars? I would also like to use the exhaust system and was wondering if it was a direct bolt up deal, requires some modification or an impossibility. And lastly for the brake system, are the discs, pads, calipers and brackets interchangeable? I know I’ll be able to find all this out myself once I have the accord but I’m just looking for a heads up because I have very limited time to accomplish all the work planned and the less surprises the better. Thanks a lot in advance for any info/help.