Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   93 accord h22 swap problems (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/93-accord-h22-swap-problems-39159/)

JimBlake 04-01-2011 06:45 AM

First picture is the VTEC solenoid, unplugged. I can't see the VTEC oil-pressure switch, view is blocked.

jessecolter 04-05-2011 08:40 PM

h22 swap problems progress

ok so I now have the correct ecu and tcu. no more flashing D light but.. pressing the brake does not allow shift from park, I override with the key.. the least of my concerns right now

i wired the vtec solenoid to pin A4 which got rid of that error

not sure where to wire the map sensor to, read online to wire it to the drivers side plug in the little vacuum box on the firewall, can someone confirm that, maybe I'm just getting the order of the three wires wrong

the only error I'm getting now is tps (throttle position switch)

It drives but it doesn't let me accelerate.
Learning a lot, thanks for the replies, currently stuck on these sensors.

PAhonda 04-05-2011 09:17 PM

On my 95 accord, the plug for the TPS and the map sensor were identical, so you could switch them.

What are the wire colors going to each plug?

jessecolter 04-05-2011 09:43 PM

That's the prob, there's only a plug on the tps which is:

yellow w/white stripe
red w/black stripe
grn w/white stripe

But yes I see it fits both. Not sure where to wire the map to, i'd go right to the pins on the ecu if i knew which.

PAhonda 04-05-2011 10:18 PM

This information is from a 93 UK manual. I found that manual on a bit-torrent site. The wire colors are the same that you listed on the throttle position sensor.

The Red/blk wire is in the middle. That should give you a 50:50 chance at getting the TPS wiring correct.

I am sure that the pinouts are available for your the ECU you are using.

jessecolter 04-06-2011 12:19 AM

Ok I found the same info, wired the map sensor and left the tps plugged in. Still getting the following errors: TPS, MAP and knock sensor. Knock sensor causing this? Is it just one wire on the back of the head? I only see something with two wires on this h22a.

PAhonda 04-06-2011 12:27 AM

The only suggestion that I can give to you is to download a prelude shop manual. The online manuals thread in the DIY section has a link to a spooner site with many honda manuals. Try to figure out where on your 93 wiring harness the map and tps pins end up. Also see where they should be on the prelude.

You never said what ecu you were using? What year of prelude did you get the engine?

jessecolter 04-06-2011 12:34 AM

Using 92-96 prelude motor & ecu with original accord harness. Not sure which ecu that is but it says F90 on the outside. I checked and the map sensor wires line up, I'll check the tps but it seems right, and I'll check the manuals, thanks.

JimBlake 04-06-2011 07:21 AM

"92 to 96" covers a lot of territory, especially OBD-1 vs. OBD-2 which have different complements of sensors & different wiring harness.