General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 EX Front Collision Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Default 93 EX Front Collision Help

Hello All,
As you can see this is my first post. I only spent about 30 minutes searching so forgive me if the answer is easy to find. I need help to repair some moderate front end damage. Ideally I would like to start with an exploded diagram of the front body to identify all the parts that need to get replaced. After that any tips on sequence of disassembly etc. most of the damage is headlight high on the passenger side. Fender, hood, grill for sure and likely core support as well. I bought this car new. It has 140K and other recent work done so I hate to sell it off but I might if this turns out more than I can do.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Hi New Member..I shall move you to the correct forum for you to get those answers..

Thank You for joining The HAF.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Only emanual I have is for 91 Accord and it does not appear to contain any info on front end, except bumper (attached). It might be worth downloading this manual from Online Manuals post links in DIY forum. Manual is divided into many anonymous files making a search difficult.

good luck

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
14-55.pdf (61.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

On-line parts places like Majestic.
www(dot)hondaautomotiveparts(dot)com
Click "parts"
enter your car's information

Several different categories cover the front end:
"Bulkhead" is mostly the firewall, but includes some structure along the fenders.
Bumper
Front fenders
Radiator
- look down the list to see if there's any others?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions but so far nothing is coming up with the core support with all the parts connected to it. I saw somewhere else that the core support is tack welded into place on Civics. I assume that is true for Accords?

Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

What is the "core support"?? Do you mean the structural stuff around the radiator? Or maybe the suspension sub-frame?

Those pictures come from Honda's electronic parts catalog & some of the "category" names are a bit obscure. It's a tedious job to look through ALL the categories to find where they put one piece or another.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:54 PM

How about you post a picture of the wrecked accord and we may be able to help further.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
What is the "core support"?? Do you mean the structural stuff around the radiator? Or maybe the suspension sub-frame?

Those pictures come from Honda's electronic parts catalog & some of the "category" names are a bit obscure. It's a tedious job to look through ALL the categories to find where they put one piece or another.
The core support is the pressed metal structure between the two fenders across the front. Honda may call it a radiator bracket.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Another shot.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Category = Bulkhead
part #7
(I think #8 is that vertical strut in front of the radiator?)

Attached Thumbnails 93 EX Front Collision Help-1993-bulkhead.jpg  

Quick Reply: 93 EX Front Collision Help