General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Default 93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl

My brother just bought this car yesterday. It said it have 92k on it. I believed it is rig some how. But anyways. I know that the Brakes that will need to be service. And I will do that. What else should I do? Plugs, Wires, Cap, Button, Oil Change, Filter, Tranny Oil Change and etc. What should I do on the mainteince? The dealership has no record of this. What brand should I use? What type and etc.. I am new to the Honda world. I have a Jeep Wrangler so it is much different. I am planning to-do all the work myself. Plus I have feel vibration in the car. Is this normal or the Motor Mount is shot? Is there write up on any of this stuff I am about to do?

Thanks
Anthony

Old 06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl

welcome to the forum. yes there are many write ups in our diy section.

you should change the oil filter, the fuel filter, the dist cap, the dist rotor, the wires, the plugs, the engine oil and the tranny fluid.

the car may have never had the timing belt changed and if your not sure that it has been done, then now is the time to do it. and while your at it change the hoses and all accessory belts.

if the vibration is at idle, or especially when the car is put into drive, then you have a bad motor mount. but if the vibration is at speed, like on the freeway, then you probably have one or more unbalanced tires. if you feel a shake when you apply the brakes then you have a warped rotor.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

welcome to the forum. yes there are many write ups in our diy section.

you should change the oil filter, the fuel filter, the dist cap, the dist rotor, the wires, the plugs, the engine oil and the tranny fluid.

the car may have never had the timing belt changed and if your not sure that it has been done, then now is the time to do it. and while your at it change the hoses and all accessory belts.

air filter, adjust alves, brake fluid flush, Plugs use only NGK your car takes ZFR5F-11. use Honda plug wires, cap and rotor, timing belt , balancer belt,
tranny fluid,, 5 sp ,, it takes engine oil ,,10w-30 ...

Old 06-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Tranny Fuild? What brand and weight do ya'll recommend? Timing belt change? How hard it that? Will this plug work BTW? NGk Part# PZFR5F-11?

Old 06-11-2006, 10:13 PM

Rok....... if you scroll back up a bit ,, i wrote down the plugs # and what tranny fluid it takes..........do not install the PZFR-11 , yes it will work but , those are Platinum tips and a lot more expensive not needed on your car

As for the timing belt , it is a bit of a job,, especially if you have never done one before..............IF you plan on doing it , i would strongly reccomend that you buy the service manual from ,,,,,,,, www.helminc.com

Old 06-11-2006, 11:43 PM

Will it be fine if I use Mobil 1 Synthetic 10W-30? It takes 4 quarts right? Plus, I went and bought 4 quarts of Mobil 1 Clean 5000 Motor Oil (Organic)with Purolator Pure One (PL14459). I went to the part store and they only have PZFR5F-11 or ZFR5FIX-11. So, I bought both plugs. Which spark plugs should I use? Plus I just ordered NGK Plugs Wires for the Honda. Plus, I order a Dog Bone Shape Mount (Torque Mount?). BTW the Motor, Tranmission Mount looks fine. Is normal for the dog bone mount to go out? When I was checking on the Plugs. I saw motor oil all over the plug wires. So I order a Valve Gasket for the Honda. I have never adj. the Valves before and I was wondering should I do it?

Thanks
Anthony
P.S. Thank You for ur time and etc..

Old 06-11-2006, 11:49 PM

There are 4 individual seals that go in the spark plug tubes in addition to the valve cover gasket. Be sure to get those as they sound like the problem (if you have oil in the tubes).

Old 06-11-2006, 11:56 PM

Yes I ordered the Valve Gasket Kit. It comes with the rings for the Plugs Wires.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:20 AM

Just making sure

Old 06-12-2006, 12:20 AM

Anthony,,,,,,,, there is no need to spend the extran money to install platinum tip plugs,,,,,,,but if you want to, between the 2 that you bought use the PZFR5F-11 to be honest i have never seen or heard of the the ZFR5FIX-11..

on the tranny you can just use regular 10w-30 oil, it takes about 2 -2 1/2 qts

yep those frt motor mounts break a lot,,worse on cars with AT ,,,,it is very easy to replace . there are 2, 17mm bolts , top and bottom,

once you got the valve cover off, i would definately adjust the valves,, there is a step by step write up on HOW TO on the DIY section ..

and hopefully the only leak on the plug wires is coming from the top seals,, definatelly replace those , recheck it in a few hundred miles ,, if still oil there you will need to replace the lower rocker arms seals ,,let's hope it does not come to that , but if necessary, there is a write up on the DIY section as well..

Quick Reply: 93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl